964 Forum
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

idle problems

Old 08-04-2001, 03:22 PM
Von
User

Post idle problems

My 89' C4 with 60K miles idles poorly and sounds of misfiring at 60-90 seconds after a cold start. Thereafter, and after any warm to hot start, the idle is rough. This 60-90 second time is consistent. Power is good though. The distributor drive belt is fine. The car has not had a 60K tune. It idles perfectly before the 60-90 second mark. Let me know if I should not drive the car, even for short distances, until I repair it. Could this be a faulty engine temp sensor? If so, where is it on the motor?
Old 08-07-2001, 07:22 PM
1AS
Addict
Rennlist Member

My 91 C4 had an idle problem caused by the floormat. Apparantly, the computer senses when there is no pressure on the throttle and puts the car in idle mode. The small amount of pressure from the misplaced floormat confused the car, and caused idle problems. Pulling the mat back was all that was needed. Sounds strange but true. AS
Old 08-07-2001, 07:56 PM
John Miles
User

Von,
Major thread currently active on this subject on our SmartGroup (27 posts as of today). Join and check it out.
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/964porsche

John
Old 08-08-2001, 12:19 AM
Von
User

John, I'm already there. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: