Sponsored by:

Converting to a 993 power mirror switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2001, 11:12 PM
Christoph Branden
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Converting to a 993 power mirror switch

I recently updated my door pannels to 993 style does anyone know how to switch the wiring over to the new 993 switch. I have the plug and a few of the wires are the same but the rest are not. Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-29-2001, 03:59 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 304 Likes on 210 Posts
Christoph;
Do you have access to wiring diagrams, what year is your car? It would be alot easier for you to install the 993 door panels with C2 door caps. You would retain the proper mirror switch, and you would have use of your lock pulls.
Good Luck
Old 07-29-2001, 04:56 PM
Christoph Branden
AutoX

I dont have acess to any diagrams for my 90 C4 or for any 993 for that matter. I would use the factory C4 door caps but I dont have any, as they were stolen. Also If you retain the 964 door tops you cant use the door pulls anyways because the door panels are different (i.e. no round lock/ unlock ****).
Old 07-29-2001, 05:20 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 304 Likes on 210 Posts
Christoph;
I should have explained it better. Lock pull = Lock-unlock ****. Now if you look at where your round lock turn ***** was, there is a square post or protrusion there. Cut that flush. Since the mechanism is recessed your new 993 door panels will now fit. You should trade or purchase a set of C2 door caps. If you don't you will need to purchase a 993 mirror switch harness socket from a damaged door. The 993 socket is larger than your 964.
Old 07-30-2001, 03:54 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Dear Christoph,
Based on the number of questions you are asking I really think you need to get access to both the 964 and 993 wiring diagrams. There are so many possibilities based on options etc that it is impossible to answer such questions honestly. If your 964 has heated mirrors option fitted as an example, then the loom is going to be different from one without heated mirrors. The list is endless and the changes you are making are fairly major changes to the electrics. Your question of speaker wiring is similar. There are three different wiring looms for different installations just from the factory and then add in POs mods and, well I recommend you get hold of the wiring diagrams,
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4
Old 07-30-2001, 06:12 AM
Christoph Branden
AutoX

O.k... to make it easier on all of you I will use 964 door pannel tops (makes sense to me). Please however clarify exactly you are talking about cutting on the door pannel? Are you saying to cut through the front of the pannel to the back side to retrofit where the lock (turn) **** goes?
Without the turn **** you cant manualy unlock the door without the key.

so does anyone have door pannel tops for a 964 in black leather? mine were stolen along with the stereo.

On another note all I needed to know is wich wires are for wich speakers on the door speaker pods. I guess no one knows this so I will use a 9volt battery to test them( they make a poping noise confirming wiring). I plan to externaly cross them over(using a passive three way X over) anyways and them run them from a non stock 35x2 amp.

Quick Reply: Converting to a 993 power mirror switch