Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rockpicker
"32mm & 36mm"
Are these the connection sizes on the pipe shown in the pics? I need to order a crowfoot socket for mine and haven't verified the size yet.
Yes, and you will need the ones sold for Porsche because nothing else will fit that confined space... ask me how I know... Do take a look at the link I posted, all information and photos are there.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:23 AM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up wrench alternative

Originally Posted by rockpicker
"32mm & 36mm"
Are these the connection sizes on the pipe shown in the pics? I need to order a crowfoot socket for mine and haven't verified the size yet.
You might want to consider a couple of Crescent-like wrenches sold by Sears as an alternative to the crows foot. I've had good results with them.

They have red plastic handles and they're the perfect size, not very long, but long enough to get some leverage on the connection, which you'll probably need. The jaws are flatter than Crescents, so you can easily get one on the upper part of the connection which is a close fit. You would be working up in the wheel well, but there's a size that's larger than the 32mm so you can open them up a little, get them onto the connection, swing them into position and then tighten them up for a snug fit. You can position them a few inches apart so that you can squeeze them toward each other, which gives you a lot of torque.

Best of all, they eliminate an almost special purpose expensive tool and you'll find you will have a lot of uses for them, both on the Porsche and for other jobs.

Just reread this before posting. Maybe I should try to get a job at Sears during this "between jobs" period.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:00 PM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 104 Likes on 80 Posts

Thanks everyone, these details are a big help.

Rob, I'll get the parts together first before I see if I need to borrow any 'special' tools. Thanks for the offer.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:58 PM
stevepaa
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am pretty sure I used 32 and 36mm of these
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0070921x00003a

Quick Reply: oil line leak