Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No 964 Turbo under Turbo category?

Old 05-30-2001, 12:44 PM
Ran
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post No 964 Turbo under Turbo category?

First of all, thanks for the great bulletin board format.

Just wondering if the decision for not having a 964 Turbo board is due to the limited number of 964 Turbo cars....

I own a 993TT but will probably always love the 964 and 964 Turbo cars (RWD turbo hehe...). I guess I will see them post here. Or should I look for turbo 964 posts in the 911 turbo forum?

Once again, appreciate the new forums.
Old 05-30-2001, 01:49 PM
Bob D.
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Ran, I immediately thought the same thing! Why no seperate category for these cars, if all the other turbo models (even the 924?!)are given one? I do not have a 964 turbo, but definitely aspire to one. A '94 3.6, please....

Anyway, I have a feeling many 964 turbo owners will find their way to this site, so be sure to check back here every so often.

BTW, as much as I like the 964, I can't believe that anyone with a 993TT would ever desire another car. That is my ultimate dream machine. Have fun!
Old 05-31-2001, 04:23 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Smile

Dear Bob,
I could not agree with you more. Apart from the obvious difference at the rear end and the wider body look the systems of the 964 series of Turbos are the basically the same as the 964. To have a separate board for the 964 Turbos would deny many of their owners access to technical information provided on the 964 board.
If you have too many boards you dilute the available expertise as well. Too much time is required to scan every board. The same argument applies to the 993TT. A 993C4S is a TT without the Turbos and rear spoiler. So a fault on a 993C4S may well help a TT owner and vice versa.
The other thing is of course that very few 964 Turbo owners are posting to the boards or to the rennlist. Would be a very lonely board technically,
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4
Old 05-31-2001, 08:04 AM
Ran
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No argument there Adrian. You do have a good point. My request was also based on the fact that there was a separate turbo board for 996, 993 and 911 and so I wondered about the 964 Turbo while qualifying my request with the fact that 964 turbos were more limited in number.

I guess the sponsors will monitor the activity and hopefully make the best final decision after revisiting the issue. On the "older" rennlist too, a Turbo board was tried and even though it was an all-encompassing turbo board, it still did not seem to fly. But the better format here, hopefully, will help create traffic and perhaps the non-turbo specific questions will still be posted on the N/A boards even by the turbo owners.

Lets see what happens. A merger!! Or a continued joint venture of affiliates.
Cheers
Old 05-31-2001, 07:34 PM
SonnyV
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Am I missing something here?

there is a 964 Turbo Board on the Forum. I was there yesterday and visited again today. Yes, it was very lonely there. No much going on there right now.

Hopefully, more C2 Turbo will use the board more.

Sonny
Old 06-01-2001, 12:19 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Sonny Vo C2 Turbo:
<STRONG>Am I missing something here?

there is a 964 Turbo Board on the Forum. I was there yesterday and visited again today. Yes, it was very lonely there. No much going on there right now.

Sonny </STRONG>
Sonny, the subject was added after Ran's original post here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No 964 Turbo under Turbo category?