Jonesing in Jersey

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 11:37 PM
GeoC2cab
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy Jonesing in Jersey

High,
Is it spring time yet??, I straightened out the Garage today and then sat in my car for about a half hour, thinking about nothin but rolling w/ the top down on a sunday morn. in 50+ (60,70+?) weather. Man this winter s**t is for the penquins. Any and all comments will be uplifting, lets hear 'em.

ps. this is a perfect opportunity to break someones b***s, feel free
Old 01-14-2002, 12:06 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Okay, you asked for it...today, my neighbor's little brother came into town. We all had lunch together, afterwards, he asked if I could give him a ride in the Porsche...I asked him, mild or caliente...his response - CALIENTE!

Keep in mind we have all known each other for a few years.

Needless to say, we embarked on a "spirited" drive through the winding back roads of Pungo (the rural part of Va. Beach). We returned about an hour later, nice and sunny.

Okay, are your b***s busted as of yet?

FWIW, I understand your pain, just last week our town was buried in over a foot of snow...the "Track Rocket" sat in the garage for a week! This part of Va. can't even handle a good rain, but snow??
Old 01-14-2002, 12:34 AM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was a gorgeous weekend here--in the low 70's. Perfect weather for removing the top and taking a cruise--which I did. Also great weather for washing the car--did that, too.

You asked for it!

If it will make you feel any better, ask me what the size of my mortgage is !
Old 01-14-2002, 03:50 AM
Bill Wagner
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can see why snow would limit the use of your car, but here in Northern Virginia last week, with the temps in the 30s, I saw a guy in a Boxter driving his car with the top down (and a hat on).

Dress appropriately and you can STILL have fun!!!!

CHEERS

Bill Wagner
Old 01-14-2002, 05:53 AM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Morning guys,

The weather is just getting above zero here (Heidelberg, Germany) having been below since Xmas. The snow has been on the ground since Xmas as well.

However with the C4 coupe it's been good fun to find a road that they haven't cleared in the hills and go for a drift....

If the passenger doesn't have to duck their head so you can see where you're going you're not trying hard enough !!

More snow, that's what I say !!!

The same behaviour on dry roads will get you sent for "mental assessment" and probably get you banned for many years so enjoy the snow but don't forget to wash the salt off afterwards.
Old 01-14-2002, 04:43 PM
HarryD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wink

Greetings from the land of "grey" sunshine.

I've mostly been fixing the little things that bother you since dring my '73 in the rain is no fun (we don't tan here, we rust).

When the sunshine godees opens up, it's off for a 1+ hour drive to nowhere (happens about every 2 weeks or so).

To pass the time, I'm thinking the March DE event with PCA and convincing my SO that we need some pedals and a wheel for the PC.

As we say out here, if it's not rainin', it's going to soon.
Old 01-14-2002, 09:32 PM
GeoC2cab
Racer

Talking

High,
As my jonesing has turned into withdrawals, I got all the kids to school today and could not take anymore, it is 40 degrees and partly sunny, so like a dope addict who just scored, I injected about 25 miles of local roads into my veins before it gets real cold here again, so now im just jonesing again.
IrishDriver has the answer for me: I NEED a C4 coupe when the C2 cab is tucked away for the winter, yeah.....Ah s**t my wife just walked in the room, now what was I thinking about?
Old 01-14-2002, 10:03 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
George:

I hear ya on the snow thing... We just got our first snow of the year (5"). Extremely unusual for WI to have the first snow in January. Last December (2000) we got 52 inches...

I tuck two cars away each year. My 911 and my wife's Camaro. They both went into storage November 1 and the 911 won't get driven until early May (after the first concours is over). The highway crews usually spread 2" of salt for every inch of snow we get, so it takes until damn near July to get rid of all the salt (actually early April).

Though, it was fun seeing all the SUV's in the ditch this morning on the way to work.

Please excuse me, I gotta go out and plow the driveway one more time...

Jay
90 964
Old 01-14-2002, 11:00 PM
Marc '91 C2 Coupe
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey man,

You think you've got it bad?!?!?!?

How's this: I finally buy my dream car, my very first P-car, in mid-November in Vancouver. Get it shipped here (Montreal) for arrival about December 10. Get to drive it exactly twice before winter shuts me down and the new baby goes into hibernation til mid-April (at the earliest)!!!

At least I got a quick fix last Saturday morning at the local PCA region tech session. Lots of looking, no touching...

Man, I'm counting the minutes until last snow/salt.

Canadian winters really bite large!!!

Marc

Quick Reply: Jonesing in Jersey