Hot starting problems ....again!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2002, 08:52 PM
Richard H
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Hot starting problems ....again!!

Any got any ideas on this problem?
I'm getting a problem with starting and cutting out at idle after the car has been driven a short distance then stopped and started again after a few minutes.
This problem I had a while ago then seemed to disappear and now has returned. The car starts from cold first time, everytime. If left for say about an hour after driving it starts again first time and no problems.
Idle is dead smooth hot or cold.
I've replaced the DME relay (993 type) a while ago and replaced the dist. cap and rotors (these were shot, pick up is now very noticably better). I've cleaned the idle control valve, checked the idle switch, checked the air flow meter (electrically and visually) and everything else I can think of from the pins on the DME plug.
The only thing I can think of now is the O2 sensor. Would this cause this problem?
Any other ideas?

Richard 1990 C2 90k miles
Old 04-28-2002, 11:32 PM
JonSeigel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is the exact same problem that I have. There was a thread about this last week. See "1989 C4 random stalling" from 4/24.
Old 04-28-2002, 11:37 PM
Drew_K
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had hot restart problems that were fixed by replacing the battery and transmission ground strap. If you're battery is fine, you could try replacing the strap at $15. Night and day difference afterwards.

Quick Reply: Hot starting problems ....again!!