Sponsored by:

Cheapskate Porsche Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001, 11:26 AM
johnfm
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Post Cheapskate Porsche Owners

Owned my '93 C2 Tip for 2 months now - fantastic car, can't stop smiling etc etc. BRILLIANT.

However, I'm amazed at some of the cheap fixes done by the previous owner - now I know he sold the car 'cos he couldn't afford the upkeep!!

This morning, battery nearly flat. Dodgy alternator? NO. Battery was 40 AmpHr unit barely suitable for a mini metro!!

Price of cheap battery - £45
Price of correct battery from Porsche garage with installation/reset of DME etc - £65.

It would amuse me greatly to hear similar stories of previous owners crass stupidity.

Bye.
Old 12-17-2001, 12:02 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am in the same boat (car). I've owned my newest P-car for about 2 months (90' C4 Cab) and have barely been able to enjoy it as I am constantly fixing previous screw-ups. Fortunately, I was aware that the PO took shortcuts and got a good price on the car. It shouldn't be much longer (maybe 2 more months) that I can sit back a relax.

One in particular I thought was amuzing was that he (PO) apparently could not get the car to idle properly. His fix was to screw the set screw out so far on the throttle body and disconnect a vacuum line. It was screwed out so far that the idle microswitch was not even making contact. Must of worked, but, what a stupid way to do it. The real problem was that the complete air sensor and throttle valve housing was leaking like crazy from all over the place. I replaced that and back to normal specs on the set screw and micro switch and works great.

Quick Reply: Cheapskate Porsche Owners