Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The For Sale/Trade/Wanted thread *Posting by paying Members only*! PRICES NEEDED.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 11:04 AM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, let's make this simple. If you are a member, post away. If you are a user, don't. These are the rules everyone accepted. I use this thread, and have posted in it in the past. I don't want to lose this thread. Thanks, and now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:43 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
PLEASE NOTE:

...................... Such messages will be deleted without warning. Repeat offenders may be penalized via the new demerit point system.
Wow! How do i find out how many demerit points i have? I post in OT all the time so i must have a bunch by now
Back on topic. Any body have any non working heater flap selinoids they want to get rid of? I was able to make one good one out of my 2 non working ones.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jimq
Wow! How do i find out how many demerit points i have? I post in OT all the time so i must have a bunch by now.
Jim, you are in a class all by yourself.

Marc
Old 01-08-2009, 07:08 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
Jim, you are in a class all by yourself.

Marc
Come on back down and you can take the TT for a spin
Old 01-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

We should see him in Feb He needs to take a spin in each car to see how the different wings affect top speed
Old 01-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Wachuko
We should see him in Feb He needs to take a spin in each car to see how the different wings affect top speed
That is great - I can't wait! I can visit Jim, Jaime, and Mickey all at the same time.

Marc
Oh yeah, and drive two TT's.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:07 AM
993James993
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Marc,

None of the members have the ability to keep users from posting WTB or FS on this thread. So it hardly seems fair to close the thread for paying members when a user who hasn't bothered to read the rules posts something. And it's just a matter of time before someone does.

Wouldn't it be better if user posts were simply deleted? It's not like posts have not disappeared before.

Thanks!

Jim
Old 01-09-2009, 10:59 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,167 Posts

Originally Posted by 993James993
Hey Marc,

None of the members have the ability to keep users from posting WTB or FS on this thread. So it hardly seems fair to close the thread for paying members when a user who hasn't bothered to read the rules posts something. And it's just a matter of time before someone does.

Wouldn't it be better if user posts were simply deleted? It's not like posts have not disappeared before.

Thanks!

Jim
I would have to agree here. Otherwise is it possible to place a sticky thread for members only in each section. Although the for sale in off topic is nice IMO it is better having a model specific for sale thread.

BTW anyone needing lightly used big/little reds from a 94 turbo with adapters for the front to accommodate 965 rotors. Asking $1350 shipped Continental US only.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:15 AM
DLCrow
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey Marc,

Thanks!

Jim
+1
Old 01-09-2009, 11:30 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 504 Likes on 186 Posts

Meanwhile, there has been talk of creating new classifieds sub-forums. Please voice your opinions here: https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topi...assifieds.html
(sorry, people with "Members Only" jackets can see this)
Old 01-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey Marc,

Thanks!

Jim
I and the other Mods have been deleting FS ads by Users here and elsewhere for years. The ads are undeleted if the person is actually shown to be a members or subsequently joins. The only difference now is that WTB ads by Users that had previously been ignored (but also technically not permitted) will now also be deleted.

There is a bit of pressure to remove this thread as, by some interpretations, it contravenes the new guidelines.

My point of changing the thread title and issuing the warning was not intended as a threat but rather an attempt to try to preserve this thread by letting know Users know that, based on the guidelines, posting FS and WTB messages was not permitted.

While some have obviously taken offence to my attempt at "middle-ground" tactics, it seemed better than just closing the thread outright.

Marc
Old 01-09-2009, 03:52 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marc,
I understand completely & thanks for your efforts. Would it help you guys any if we use the "Report Post" feature when a non-member post something FS/WTB to save you guys having to troll for them?
Old 01-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Baltic964Cab
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What about a trade??

Would that be buy, sell, WTB, WTS?

I'm confused.

What is the legal definition of selling and buying something? I wonder if any ambulance chaser types cruize this fourm?
Old 01-10-2009, 12:31 AM
993James993
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Marc,

I took no offence and ment no disrespect to you. I just wanted to point out that anyone has the ability to post anything to this and any other thread at any time.

This particular thread is by itself is worth the cost of membership. I would hate to see it go away.

Thanks for your efforts Marc!

Jim
Old 01-10-2009, 01:07 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Marc,

I took no offence and meant no disrespect to you. I just wanted to point out that anyone has the ability to post anything to this and any other thread at any time.

This particular thread is by itself is worth the cost of membership. I would hate to see it go away.

Thanks for your efforts Marc!

Jim
Jim,

When I said that some had taken offence, I was not referring to you specfically -- it was just part of my reply to the entire forum. I also took no offence to your post either as you made some good points that I wanted to reply to since others may have had similar thoughts.

We're good, mate.

Marc

Quick Reply: The For Sale/Trade/Wanted thread *Posting by paying Members only*! PRICES NEEDED.