Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The For Sale/Trade/Wanted thread *Posting by paying Members only*! PRICES NEEDED.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 03:16 PM
911porschefan
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by f3nr15
Wanted: C2 spoiler switch trim/surround

I am after the trim/surround labelled "B" in the photo, in good condition with intact mounting tabs.

(I have a mail forwarding address in Bridgeport CT, if you can't be bothered with international postage to Australia.)

Just found out I need one also, all my tabs are broken. So if anyone has one, I'm interested.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:08 PM
f3nr15
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeff Curtis
I have that switch/panel if you're still looking. I don't mind shipping to Australia whatsoever. If you need it, make me an offer as I'm clearing out EVERYTHING, even the race car.
Can't take advantage of your great deal on the racecar, but I've PMed you about the trim piece :-)
Old 10-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Someone was asking me awhile back about a deck lid and/or the rear spoiler and motor/hardware...I still have those items, all wrapped up and stored in the shop's loft. If anyone is interested, let me know via PM I'll entertain reasonable offers.

The decklid and spoiler surround are perfect Grand Prix White...but can easily be repainted to match your 964, of course.

FWIW, the spoiler "curtain" is separated...just like most of yours! ...so you'll need a new one of those.

Stay tuned, as I find and/or remember more items I'll list 'em.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:29 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jeff, how are you getting 258 WHP out of a stock engine?

This translates to ca. 288 - 290 HP at the flywheel...with headers and a chip!!!!

Last edited by KaiB; 10-21-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:58 PM
KaiB
Banned

Waiting for response...I call bull****.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:04 AM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB
I think you might want to give Jeff the benefit of (a) the doubt and (b) time to reply. He has been around these forums a hell of a long time, has been a mod and helped a bunch of folks over the years.......
Old 10-22-2011, 01:35 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

WOW...potty mouth, and thanks for trying to railroad an honest attempt at selling my race car - really appreciate that.

It's a healthy/original RSA motor. The power steering deleted/omitted by the factory...so there's a few ponies in that coupled with the "rumor" that RSA/Cup motors produce a bit more power is still up in the air...but what's cool about that, it's STILL up in the air - NO ONE has debunked it...I even believe a few have solidified the "rumor" as fact.

I have headers and a 4" outlet muffer, custom tuning by Steve Wong...actually most motors with this "lineage" put out North of 260...so I must have a "runt".

Of course, depending on the dyno you use, results can vary quite a bit. One of our local dynos generally puts it at 258-262hp...another puts it at 253-258hp...

The dyno that follows our series around generally pegs me for 247-249hp - but that's ALWAYS with a car that just came off the track (Impound/Compliance testing) - this same dyno has pegged me at 258 on a "cold" run, the scenario being me realizing I didn't have an up to date dyno for the current race season (February 2011, at VIR) which found me (in the paddock) starting the car up, driving over to the dyno and getting it run on a 40-something degree day, after the car warmed up for about 5min.

Hopefully that's enough honesty/info. for you to believe my "bull****" - if you're that envious, all things considered, the price on my 964 racer is quite cheap...and I'll sell it to just about anyone...even YOU.

SO, before you ever think of calling someone out on this discussion board again - please consider all factors...and to be a bit egotistical, you might want to consider WHO you're calling out - just sayin'.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:36 AM
UncleRemus
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow
Old 10-22-2011, 01:53 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

A fellow member is interested in buying just the spoiler, I believe. If anyone wants the linkage/motor/hardware it's available...again, the spoiler "curtain" is fractured/cracked/separated.

Still have the GP White decklid...and I believe I never put the new "Carrera" and "2" emblems on it, so those are floating around somewhere, in original Porsche packaging.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:08 AM
aircooled0801
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff:

PM sent...
Old 10-22-2011, 09:08 AM
KaiB
Banned

WOW...potty mouth, and thanks for trying to railroad an honest attempt at selling my race car - really appreciate that.

Jeff, I absolutely apologize - beer is no excuse for the rude comment. I've followed you here for quite some time, have learned alot and were I not building my own car up - would have already purchased yours.

The question however remains on honest (and open) one. How on earth is a stock 3.6 engine producing well north of 290 hp at the flywheel with nothing more than headers and a chip?

Yours seems to do so, and one cannot doubt varrying dyno results (or the NASA scruts), but that other engines also (of the same lineage) do makes me wonder. (i.e., are we correcting for final drive?)

I'm neither envious nor am I casting aspersions; you're interety is above reproach here...just curious.

If this is possible, we need not do up the top end of my engine this winter to get to the top of GTS3 as 255 WHP are the goal (as you well know).

Kai
kai@bugtussleok.net
Old 10-22-2011, 11:36 AM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Kai, my stock motor runs similar power w/ a Steve Wong chip and exhaust w/ an unopened/stock motor.

Also see dyno charts here on a stock motor: http://www.911chips.com/c2chips.html

and: https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...-complete.html for 250 and although I'm not sure it doesn't look like that chip was custom as mine is or Jeff's.

Also as mentioned dynojets run high. My car dyno'd about 25-30 lower on a dyno dynamics a few years ago.

There are also more dynos here but you have to sort thru the 3.2s http://www.911chips.com/dyno.html

Good luck on your H build if you go that route. I just moved to H from G and so far my only mod is the chip but the fields seem to be much larger in H on the East Coast.

Btw, if your motor is tired then it will need a rebuild to get to those numbers, but if is it still strong then you should be able to get there w/ a chip and exhaust...on a dynojet.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:00 PM
KaiB
Banned

Thanks Jim, I thought I'd read enough these past two years to know.

We are building to the top of NASA GTS3 (and will get it handed to us in PCA GT4s, but can run with G, H and 996 spec for fun) as NASA provides many more venues within 5 hours of me. I also really (really) don't want to give up Claudia's wonderful tranny and the Evo carriers/front end.

Because of this, I'm concerned about the Dynojet readings (NASA uses DJ results for classification) being high, as I would like to run the car at 2,625# with me and my stuff in it.

Certainly don't want to hijack this thread, and would most certainly recommend Jeff's car; I will PM him regarding the dyno pulls and advice re: Wt/WHP.

KVB
Old 10-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

KaiB, no problem...hopefully my response wasn't too "turse"...was trying to be reasonable and considered what you really meant.

...and for the record, BEER IS AN EXCUSE for talkin' trash and callin' people out! ...don't I know!

So, no worries man, we're all friends here.

Gearing may have a little to do with it, I run the dyno in 3rd but my 3rd is slightly lower than stock...this means I should read a couple HP LOW and higher on torque, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. My 3rd is .9XX and 4th is 1.1XX or something to that tune, not sure and just shooting from memory here...so before all you "gear ratio junkies" jump on me, there's my disclaimer.

A 4th gear run produces a couple HP lower...some dyno operators claim I should show lower torque and higher HP but that doesn't seem to be the case here either.

Your car will do very well in GTS3 with aero...AERO is the key, I'm a firm believer...can help you out with that - as a matter of fact I have a BG Motorsports wing/uprights that likely fit your 3.8RS tailbase and will sell it at COST.

Let me know if you're interested. It was "version 1" sent to me and we realized I have an original factory motorsport 3.8RS tailbase so it's narrower, we had to make up custom uprights and lay up a new wing - BG Motorsports suggested I hold onto the other wing and try to sell it, again, at cost.

More later, the block party is starting in my driveway!!

Last edited by Jeff Curtis; 10-26-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:49 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

doesnt all that belong in its own thread?

Quick Reply: The For Sale/Trade/Wanted thread *Posting by paying Members only*! PRICES NEEDED.