Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

I think as a C4 owner and driver of some experience I should comment but I think it is best just to say "No Comment"
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4
Old 10-30-2001, 11:15 AM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Oh go on Adrian,

You know you want to give the lecture about how much more wonderful the C4 is compared to the C2 - Snow or no snow.

Best Wishes,

Another confirmed C4 fanatic....
Old 10-30-2001, 01:14 PM
ploglet
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I used my Yakima rack on the C4. It worked great. I was careful not to over tighten the attachment towers though. There are a handful of C4 owners out here I see driving their C4's to the slopes. You have it why not use I guess.
What are the scheduled maintainence times for the C4? The car I am looking at is at 84K. Will I have a major tuneup at 90K?
Adrian, what is the comment you want to tell me. COme on I want to know. Do you think the C2 is better to drive in inclement weather?
Old 10-31-2001, 04:01 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Dear Ploglet,
I am not sure how you got the impression from my "No Comment" that the C2 is better in bad weather as compared to a C4. Irishdriver and I will have a great backslapping conversation next month on mutual C4 appreciation.
I do quite a lot of test driving of other peoples C2s and C4s before and after mods. I have one coming up this weekend. To be quite honest under normal driving conditions you cannot tell the difference between the two in handling or in any other way. The differences show up under harder driving and of course on contaminated roads from cow pooh to snow. The C4 leaps ahead.
My actual comment was on the comment made. I regard these vague statements attributed to somebody who is well known in the USA as being no fan of the 964 (politically correct version) which I call "menacing". They create an incorrect doubt. There are lots of things about the handling of a C2 I personally dislike intently at certain times but I never make such comments to other because it is very subjective. The other thing is of course it is very hard to find an unmodified C2 or C4 nowadays and this colours opinions further. My C4 is set up like a 964 RS which makes it handle 100% better than original from whence it was modified by myself. However the suspension was already worn when I purchased the C4 so even this comparison is not really fair.
Anyway Ploglet, enjoy your C4 (they are the best ones really) and you will be very happy. If you manage to get a standard one and need advice on how to improve the suspension please let me know or wait for my book.
Service schedules vary. In the USA you have a recommended 3000 mile oil change and a service every 15,000miles. Ours is every 12,000 of your miles or 20,000klms. Mine is due soon. The reason you have an oil service and we do not, is because of the oils used in the USA. I have not looked into the reasons but American produced oils seemed to cause carbon build ups in the engine. Porsche issued a TSB only for the USA for all pre 1993 models, on this subject.
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4

PS: See you on Nov 17th Irishdriver. Gail and I should arrive late morning. Do not forget the photos.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1991 C4 problems?