Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tail goes up by itself? (and car unlocks?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 11:24 AM
Eric Kessel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
Post Tail goes up by itself? (and car unlocks?)

My 90 C2 has been sitting outside in the driveway for 4 days. It rained heavily last night, and this morning, I went to drive the Golf to work, and noticed the tail was up on the C2..... I went to look closer, and the doors were unlocked.... I definitely locked the doors on Sunday night, and the tail wasn't up when I got home last night.... The radar detector (V1) was still in the car so i'm assuming no one broke in, tried to steal the car, and gave up..... I started it up, and the tail stayed up.... I used the switch to manually put it down, and that worked, but i'm baffled about how the car could unlock itself.....

Any pointers where to start?
Thanks,
-Eric
Old 05-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Dear Eric,
Somebody else also had the problem. I never saw a resolution to this problem either. Makes no sense. I tend to suspect that it may be some form of outside influence. We thought maybe remote control, radio control or something. I have seen such thingson aircraft caused by mobile phones and cd-players but in this case I cannot for the life of me see how power can be applied to the spoiler motor. There are a number of steps which have to be achieved even open the spoiler manually. This is one mystery I cannot solve. It has to be an external source capable of activating the electrical distribution system and then supplying signals to the control units.
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4

Quick Reply: Tail goes up by itself? (and car unlocks?)