Porsche Francorchamps Days

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 06:32 PM
kris
Skippy
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Porsche Francorchamps Days

This year's Porsche Francorchamps days take place from 20 to 22 of May. Last year's event saw a parade with a Guiness record amount of 890 P-cars, 3 lines side by side for over 8 km's. All details can be found here:
Francorchamps
Any Rennlisters going?

Old 02-27-2005, 07:05 AM
ChrisD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kris

Do you have any other details of this event. Who do you have to contact to go etc? Not sure if I am free then, but maybe a little drive to the Ardennes would be nice!!
Old 02-27-2005, 09:07 AM
kris
Skippy
Rennlist Member

I've never been there before. The event is organised by the Belgian Porsche Club (Porsche Club Francorchamps). You can subscribe on one of the three days which are all divided in different sessions which are again divided on driver's experience (fun, sport and racing). There are some nice hotels in the neighbourhood like the Spa Balmoral
Here's the link to the schedule Schedule
And the link to the registration form Registration which also has the contact info
Old 02-27-2005, 09:37 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was there last year and elected not to take my car on the track because of the disparity.

For instance, all groups run together... so you find 356's and GT3RS's on the track at the same time. Due to the very large speed differences, I felt uncomfortable.

I also doubt you'll find an available spot for track time at this late date. I'll be there again this year but in the paddocks again.

Kris, AFAIK, Porsche club Francorchamps is a different club than the Belgian Porsche Club.

Good luck.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:54 AM
kris
Skippy
Rennlist Member

Jean-Pierre,
Fully correct. There are in fact three clubs which are recognised by Porsche; Porsche Club of Belgium estd in 53, Porsche Club Francorchamps estd in 94 and the Classic Porsche Club. I thought that Francorchamps was the sport/track department of the PCB. Wrong.
My plan was also to go there with my kids and some more friends who drive P-cars for some sight-seeing. Was it enjoyable last year, how was the atmosphere? Not too Bon Chic, Bon Genre I hope? Can you get easily access to the padocks?
Tx
Old 02-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Kris,

If you arrive in a Porker, you drive right into the paddocks... no questions asked.

Anything else.. you have to walk a bit.

It was indeed nice. Nice hardware with quite a few cars from the Porsche museum. There was a 100% original 550 on the track with the best of them. The thing is much smaller than I thought. The 2 guys had to merge their brains to sit together... and then the pax had his right arm outside the car coz it would not fit inside.

Priceless

Quick Reply: Porsche Francorchamps Days