Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Wife and the 964 (funny)

Old 09-04-2001, 04:16 PM
Robert Coats
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post My Wife and the 964 (funny)

I only got one key when I bought my 964 last week, as a result, my wife has been keyless since I got the car.

Further, she really hasn't shown much interest in the car anyway. I talked to her about it briefly, and told her when she was ready to drive it, I'd really need to explain all of the controls and switches. It took me the better part of a 700-mile drive to get really comfortable with all the buttons, stalks, and ***** inside the car, blah-blah-blah. Of course, my wife ignored my remarks the whole time. She does medical ultrasound, and takes great pride in her skills and using very complex medical equipment and getting excellent results. She is one of those kinds of people who *never* reads the owner's manual, period.

So when does this story get funny? Right now.

I was out most of the day Sunday and that is, of course, when she decided to explore the car. I'd left it in the garage with the windows down, and she got inside and, you guessed it, started pressing buttons and flipping switches. She hit the power door-lock button....

Now she had NO idea what the round ***** on the side of the door were for...no, she continued to press the power door lock button, and pull on the door release, and even broke a fingernail trying to pry up one of the door lock posts! Finally, she wiggled around enough to get her feet out of the open window, then extracted the rest of her body in a very unladylike manner from the car.

As much fun as it would have been to see her struggle, it was a riot to have her sit there and describe the event to me in person.

While I'd like to say the menage-a-trois of my wife, my Porsche and I are off to a great start, but it is not.
Old 09-04-2001, 05:12 PM
Thom Fitzpatrick
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reminds me of the time the (insert your favorite ethnicity here) locked his keys in the car. It took him all afternoon fiddling with a coathanger to get his wife and kids out...
Old 09-04-2001, 08:41 PM
nadster14
7th Gear

Talking

Robert,
What a great story. I can just visualize the "car trapping" and the thought of your wife coming to the realization that there was only one way out! Thanks for sharing!

Barry
Old 09-05-2001, 04:22 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Dear Robert,
I can assure you that your wife was not the first nor the last to get into this situation. There are a few 964 owners who have found themselves in this pickle. One actually called me on his mobile phone and sought guidance on how to get out,
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4
Old 09-05-2001, 03:06 PM
davey/89 C4
2nd Gear

Talking

I learned about the alarm kinda like that...if she would have figured out what the round ***** do the alarm would have gone off...and with no key! haha!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Wife and the 964 (funny)