964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is LHD so bad?

Old 03-01-2005, 02:11 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Japan have RHD and LHD Porsches. You can order both from the factory (different country codes used just like the UK used to have) and most Japanese order LHD. Very few RHD Porsches in Japan.
I know - that was my point. There is a certain kudos to having LHD expensive car in Japan.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:22 PM
oldtimer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Dave , my experience of LHD and RHD 911 in UK is that on the road there are few issues, its parking ticket dispensers / entry gates that are awkward if you are on your own. Your bigger issue will be selling the 911 you already have . Part-ex will not be pleasant . good luck !
Old 03-01-2005, 02:57 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think I'd part ex. I have a good car and I'm not willing to take money as if I have a crap car.

At the moment, it's not going to happen. The events last weekend have given me something else to think about at the moment. I'm sure that won't last long - but I've lost the enthusiasm for changing cars at the moment.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:16 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Last time I was over oyur way, in Scotland actually I had a ball driving a LHD 911. Much more fun on the left side of the road than the right.
Overtaking was a bit of issue but I trust my wife and when she said go! we went.
Mind you there are the odd issues. I watched a friend of mine trying to put his parking ticket in the exit machine and then run around hop in and try and get through the barrier before it shut again. He was in a 928 GTS. He didn't make it. I was laughing so hard the video was all blurred. We went back into the hotel and got him another ticket after we could walk properly.
Ciao,
Adrian.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is LHD so bad?