Good news vs Bad news

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 12:51 PM
Rob McConnell
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Good news vs Bad news

Hi Guys

Went to have a couple of 17" SO2 rears put on the other day, managed to get a trade price of GBP 130 per tyre.

Had them ordered and began fitting only to notice the fronts were well worn on the inside. So needed to fronts also.

Manager was good enough to let me change from bridgestone to Toyo, full set fitted GBP 440.

Can anyone send me the alignment specs for my 1991 C2, i think most of you have RS spec. I have H+R fully adjustable suspension.

On a nicer note had a full service GBP 140 parts and labour, friends rates. Aparantly all is looking sweet only 1 small oil leak on left hand cam cover.

Thanks and best regards

Rob 91 c2 cab
Jersey, UK
Old 08-20-2002, 12:55 PM
johnfm
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Rob
I just got Toyo Proxes as well. So far so good - let us know what you think after a few miles.
Old 08-21-2002, 07:02 AM
Taj
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bloody hell, £140 for a FULL service on a 964 including parts. So he charged to £10-20 for 8 hours work. I want to be his friend too Just booked mine in for Sept, expecting the bill to be 2.5 times yours atleast.

T.
Old 08-21-2002, 07:21 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Dear Rob,
What are you plans. To set up to standard and then adjust accordingly. By the way you need the 1994 wheel alignment specs not 1992. The caster was changed. You see the problem is the suspension settings. How low are you as compared to original standard. Your mechanic I hope has the revised manual. This has the standard factory or European ride height and US specs in it. I do not think however that this will be appropriate for your C2. However you need a starting point I guess.
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4

PS: I doubt very much that many people are aligned to RS specs. A lot of people claim RS specs when they lower by 40mm. However I doubt the wheel alignment is the same. The only major difference between standard and RS apart from ride height is the camber.
-1 degree at the front and -1 degree and 15 minutes at the rear. Remember your tyre width before dialling this in. Oh another secret is revealed.

Quick Reply: Good news vs Bad news