Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fan operation when powering down.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 11:52 AM
greenjt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fan operation when powering down.

This may be a dumb question but should the fan run after powering down the engine? Mine does not.

It has been unusually cold here in NC since i became a Porsche owner so i may have not met a threshold temp if there is one. That said, it is supposed to get up to 70 this afternoon so i think after i drive the MB home from the office, that targa top is coming off and the C2 is going out for a drive!
Old 02-08-2005, 12:04 PM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

James,

The full detail of when the rear blower fan should operate is covered in Adrian's book (a must-have if you don't have it already) - details are here .

Basically, if the air temperature coming out of the blower (to the heat exchanger) is less than 104 deg F the blower will stop as soon as you turn off the ignition. If above that it will run at slow speed for 15 or 20 minutes (depending on MY), above 167 deg F it will run at full speed, again for 15 or 20 mins.

Unless you have been driving pretty hard or stopped in traffic for extended periods it is very rare for the blower to run after switch off.

Regards

Dave
Old 02-08-2005, 02:41 PM
greenjt
Racer

Thanks Dave. I do have the book but stupid me didn't think to check there first.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Dunasso
Burning Brakes

Green,

Hey man don't be so hard on yourself, you are married with children. You deserve to have a brain fart and a beer from time to time.

Quick Reply: Fan operation when powering down.