Sponsored by:

The GF's 91 964 tip

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 11:50 AM
Mike in Atlanta
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The GF's 91 964 tip

To my surprise, my GF sold her 560SL and bought a 911 after I casually mentioned a nice 964 would be in her price range vs a new Z4.

She had to have a tiptronic due to stop and go traffic to her office. The price difference between 2 identical 91s, tip vs 5 spd was $5,000 , with the tip being the high price. She bought it even though I told her 5k would buy lots of goodies for the car but she would not look at the 5spd. Her car is in very good shape and the engine serial number is after the headgasket fix . I also noticed that it had adjustable coilovers, though I dont know what brand from looking at them. Car was pinging then I noticed the factory chip in the glovebox. Swapped out the chip to find a AutoT. chip in the car. I could not tell any difference with the factory chip in the car except for no pinging .

here are the pics and of the wheels, they are going to be replaced, so if interested contact me.
Attached Images  
Old 12-09-2004, 12:10 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice color! Now wheres yours
Nice to have one that somebody else gets the bills.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Mike in Atlanta
Intermediate

Lol, no kidding about someone else paying the bills. I changed the oil and NOBODY ever mentioned how fast it comes out of the thermostat housing, Oil doesnt taste very good, lol.

I am on the fence about buying 1 myself. I love the looks of the 964 as it IS the last true 911. The 993 looks good but the shape is just not pure. But I also have owned a couple M3's and they still hold a sweet spot with me. Great steering, wonderful brakes and such a brilliant chassis. I am thinking of a nice 5spd 964 with some 18's and big brakes for a street ride with a E36 325i for a race car. The price of racing a 911 is just too scary. Unless I either land a great project management job or find loads of $$$$ somewhere, which in that case GT3 here I come.

Mike
Old 12-09-2004, 02:02 PM
gilessav
Advanced

Nice car, strange that here in the uk the tips are often less sought after and generally seem to fetch a lower price. I considered one as i also do a fair bit of town driving but could'nt resist the manual for fun factor in the end!

Quick Reply: The GF's 91 964 tip