Sponsored by:

Porsche Festival Pictures....a small selection

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 05:56 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pictures, Christer! Oh, Andy, were you there too? I thought Christer's journey was void of any other Rennlisters?

The "935" appears to have a 993TT rear section. It's not just the GT2 wing, look at the slant and curve of those tail lights and the wide haunches. Yuck!!! The front is 935-esque but I'm not sure I've seen a more hideous p-car than that. Sure it's fast, but c'mon ... it's fugly!

Now that Maritime Blue RS, that's definitely a winner.

I had never seen a 917 in person until this Summer at the Brian Redman Invitational at Road America. They had plenty of 60's- 90's race cars on hand and it is simply an excellent event which I highly recommend. When I stepped up to the 917, I was a little overwhelmed. So much history, so much glory, so much excellence ... right there ... next to me. It was really quite amazing.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-02-2004, 03:09 PM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kahdmus
I didnt think Rob was in attendance...was he?
Just spotted this comment! I assume you mean me?! lol
Old 09-03-2004, 04:27 AM
Christer
Race Car

It can't have been Rob, he always nails the landing - this guy was a total amateur....
Old 09-03-2004, 05:58 AM
Rob W.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joey, the 935 wannabe might not be the prettiest Porkie in the paddock, but it's certainly the fastest. It was built to win races, not concours events... :-)

Richard Chamberlain has dominated the UK Porsche open championship for yonks. No-one comes close enough to burn their noses on the flames it chucks out the rear. It is a sight to behold when flying past on full chat.

Rob W.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:35 AM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Christer
It can't have been Rob, he always nails the landing - this guy was a total amateur....
Thanks for the compliment!
Old 09-03-2004, 10:28 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rob W.
Joey, the 935 wannabe might not be the prettiest Porkie in the paddock, but it's certainly the fastest. It was built to win races, not concours events... :-)

Richard Chamberlain has dominated the UK Porsche open championship for yonks. No-one comes close enough to burn their noses on the flames it chucks out the rear. It is a sight to behold when flying past on full chat.

Rob W.
Well, I'm glad Dr. Franken-porsche's experiment was a success. It would've been a shame to butcher up a p-car (or two) and have nothing to show for it. Good show, Mr. Chamberlain!
Thanks, Rob.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:36 AM
Christer
Race Car

Joey

It might be fugly, and I agree - but honestly, it was going around most corners on the outside of most of the other cars on the track....and on the str8s...bye bye....

Quick Reply: Porsche Festival Pictures....a small selection