Sponsored by:

Alarm recomendations?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 12:31 PM
Graham L
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm recomendations?

Hi – am considering a new alarm, car has had a multitude fitted (3 at least) over the years , and I want a more modern one as I’m not happy with the functions of the current main one (possibly with window and sunroof closure fitted). Does anyone have any recommendations, or manufacturers to avoid please?
Old 08-19-2004, 01:33 PM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Reccomend: I've had Toad alarms/immobilisers fitted to my last 3 cars and they have been 100% reliable.

Avoid: Clifford. Ask anyone.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:59 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello,

I would reccomend a GEMINI alarm, a Italian made product in combination with COBRA parts.
Its a car alarm who is certified by the Dutch government to use in a Car Protection Project, and will sound as the car will be Jacked up, as car starts to shake [pulling away] as soon you open the doors in a un legal way, and brake the window. I have this system my self, used in the Audi A4 and BMW I had in the past. If we don't have this sort of alarm, then the car is uninsured.

Costs about 1200 Euro's incl. labour and tax.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:44 AM
Graham L
Racer

thanks guys - recomendations much appreciated! Bigger problems today though as the car wont start...D'oh! no chance of anyone stealing it at the moment! Sounds like the solenid engages but the starter dosent spin, lights come on the dash, flash then die. Am not happy.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:50 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds a bit like a flat battery. Might be that your luggage compartment light is staying on - it's a common problem.

As for alarms - I had to have cat 1 fitted when I got my car, and it's got a Sigma. Never heard of them before, but haven't had any problems with it. Of course - you never really know if they're any good until someone tries to nick your car.....
Old 08-20-2004, 06:28 AM
Graham L
Racer

Have now got the car started - from a jump. Am also going to disconnect the luggage compartment light! Thanks for the nod Dave. Hopefully it'll be ok after this (and a trickle for a while). Now it's running i can get back to worrying how to stop people stealing it!
Old 08-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Graham L
Racer

can confirm there was a wiring fault on the luggage compartment light. Top quality diagnosis!

Quick Reply: Alarm recomendations?