Sponsored by:

Prices

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 06:57 PM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 141 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Prices

In my "looking" for a targa, I have been going thru the Panorama magazines I've saved. It seems that the asking prices in Pano are very high...if anyone has purchased a car thru Pano I'd like to know what kind of a deal you were able to make.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:05 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 430 Posts

Makes sense - someone who is PCA member "values" a Porsche and everything that goes along with it - so their "value" of their Porsche would tend to be higher than someone advertising in the local paper, or Autotrader who views their car as just a car (and treats it that way too)...

I got mine from Autotrader; PCA classifieds do tend to have higher prices, but then again, you're buying from someone who probably cares for their car very well, and hopefully won't "screw you" by being dishonest. Buying from someone with a greater interest in their car (by being a member of PCA) might get you a better car. That might be worth the extra dough...

That's my take on it.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:50 AM
Jacks911
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Daniel,

I would echo Garrett's comments and add that like any thing - it's negotiable. And though Targas are not the most popular 911 they are also kinda rare. In '92 & '93 there where only 348 of these body style cars imported to the US & Canada - total imports of Targas for the 4 years was less than 2000 for 964's. Way less than the Coupe. And the Cabrio, which was the most popular in the US had about 3 times as many. So often the PCA member will price these higher assuming the low numbers. Again it is supply & demand. I assume you already know the nice things about Targas & their issues. Good luck.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:48 AM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 141 Likes on 115 Posts

When I sold my 79 911 (that was made into a turbo look after a minor fender bender here) in 92 I advertised it in Pano many times and got lots of response, but, no sale, ..this was before being able to send jpgs. It finaly got sold by leaving it for consignment with a Porsche specialty lot for about $7,000 less than Iwas advertising it at. (the place is gone now but they sold it in 3 weeks) Unfortunately at the time I needed to sell it, but I wish I still had it. Too bad I can't go to Germany and just pick up another one, at the time just about every car I looked at in Germany was in super shape.
I don't imagine there is a way to know how many 964 targas there are in Oak Green? I really like that color....and after owning 2 targas years ago I like them over the coupes and cabs for here in FL.

Quick Reply: Prices