Sponsored by:

Water Leak

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 05:32 PM
iceberg
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Leak

Have a water leak I just isolated on my 1990C4. When water gets in throught the front cowl vent grill (the grill by the front windshield in the center), usually only during heavy or prolonged rain, water runs into the driver's and/or passenger's side front floorboards (lots of water). Pulled out my insulation in the front and used talc powder. Noted the water runs in from the top above the floorboards in multiple areas. I also noted that some water entering the front cowl vent area does drain out the bottom of the car (as I suppose it should).

What is underneath the front cowl vent grill? Is it a fresh air box or some such thing? Looks like it will be very difficult to gain access to this area.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:02 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you pull out the speedo you can get SOME access into that area.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Fred, Long Island
Racer

Windshield seal shrunk.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:43 PM
iceberg
Advanced

I think my water leak is solved . Two of the drain lines running on the underside panel below the ac system were clogged causing water to well up in the plumbing and get into the car. Had to remove the underside panel to get access and cleaned out the drain lines. It is raining today and no water is getting into the car.

Quick Reply: Water Leak