Aux Oil Cooler Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 06:05 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Aux Oil Cooler Update

I recently added a Cargraphic oil cooler to my track car. It was an easy install (especially with the help of Jeff who had done one on his 993 and Howard who's turing into a 964 DIY fiend). It took about 4 hours and was very straightforward given the DIY info available from Robin's site (p-car.com). Cargraphic provides no written instructions but a very nice product.

I had a bit of a glitch as the install reminded me that I've remove my CCU and the CCU controls the fan for the main and aux cooler. A few emails back-and-forth with Randall and I had all the info to wire a switch to manually control off/low/high fan speed.

I spent 3 days at Thunderhill last weekend with bright, sunny 95-100+ °F days (that's 36-40 °C for the EU folk). My sessions were 20 minutes each with NASA but 30+ minutes with the Lotus Club.

So, lots of track time in pretty hot conditions. With the fan set to low, temps never even reached the 9 o'clock position. I was/am happy with the upgrade.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:22 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tom, I was just about to email you today to ask if I'd missed the update and inquire as to how the cooler had performed. Glad it proved to be such a great upgrade!

Did you grab any video using the new bumper camera mount?

Cheers,
Old 07-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

No bumper mount video yet. i did not have the correct extension cable (forgot I needed a male-female cable instead of the normal stereo male-male patch cable).
Old 07-24-2004, 01:35 AM
PC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom, How much was the Cargraphic oil cooler? Did it come with all the plumbing? Thanks!

Old 07-24-2004, 01:54 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Peter: I bought it as part of a group buy. Even so, it isn't cheap at $1650. It comes with all you need (except instructions). Cargraphic knew I had removed my AC so it came with all the bits to simply bolt into where the AC previously was (bracket, fan, wiring, rubber gasket, etc) in addition to the hoses.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:21 AM
PC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom W
Peter: I bought it as part of a group buy. Even so, it isn't cheap at $1650. It comes with all you need (except instructions). Cargraphic knew I had removed my AC so it came with all the bits to simply bolt into where the AC previously was (bracket, fan, wiring, rubber gasket, etc) in addition to the hoses.
Your right, it sure isn't cheap. Thanks Tom for the quick reply.

Quick Reply: Aux Oil Cooler Update