Sponsored by:

Green PDAS Activition Light

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 08:53 PM
iceberg
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Green PDAS Activition Light

I have a question about the Green PDAS Activition Light.

I own a 1990 C4. Have had an ABS PDAS issue for some time now. My ABS did not work and, the ABS and Red PDAS light came on at start up and never went out. Replaced a faulty wheel speed sensor and relay and cleaned corrision off the ABS/PDAS connector. The ABS now works and the lights go out about 10 second after startup.

During my repair work, I removed the speedometer gauge and noted there was no light bulb for the Green PDAS activation indicator. I added the a bulb and now the Green PDAS light comes on intermittenly when driving the car over bumps and rough pavement. I think I remember reading on one of the tech pages that the C4 came without the Green PDAS light installed. Does anyone know if this is correct? What does it indicate when this light comes (does it indicate the same information as the Green LED light on the console by the differential lock and spoiler control *****)?
Old 07-18-2004, 12:49 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 430 Posts
Default Re: Green PDAS Activition Light

Originally posted by iceberg
Does anyone know if this is correct? What does it indicate when this light comes (does it indicate the same information as the Green LED light on the console by the differential lock and spoiler control *****)?
I've been told it was not installed because it is a distraction at night when driving. I have mine with a bulb in it - it's fun to see when it's activating. And yes, it's the same as the light above the PDAS switch on the center console.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:20 AM
iceberg
Advanced

Default Green LED PDAS Activation Light

Another question for 1989-1994 C4 owners. How frequently does your LED PDAS activation light on the center console go on? Does it go on only during agressive handling maneuvers and driving and when driving over uneven or rough pavement? When the differentials are locked via the PDAS **** is the light on continuously? Just want to make sure my system is operating correctly after my repairs.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:50 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 430 Posts

The light blinks quickly when you activate the switch on the center console. It will keep blinking, showing you that everything's locked up until you reach a certain speed (25mph I think) or turn it off. The system is pretty busy in normal driving - it activates on bumps, even slight ones when on the freeway it will activate - sensing a difference between wheel speeds. It's neat how closely it appears to be watching the various wheel speeds. It will also go on when you take a corner super fast and floor it coming out of the turn.

So, it sounds like your's is working fine!
Old 07-22-2004, 01:58 AM
Youcef
Addict
Rennlist Member

I also installed the bulb and noticed it goes on over reflectors in the road ( I have sports suspension), speed humps sometimes and when I am nailing in corners and even if I accelerate hard on a wet patch.

All normal as far as I can see.

Youcef.

Quick Reply: Green PDAS Activition Light