Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   964 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum-59/)
-   -   RSAmerica price check (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/138286-rsamerica-price-check.html)

mumzer 06-06-2004 01:27 AM

RSAmerica price check

Very clean 60k mile car with some good mods.

B&B Headers with heat. Big reds. Sparco Evo seat. MAF conversion. Short throw shifter. Strut Tower Brace. DAS roll bar. 5 pt harnesses. All four options. 18" Fikses and stock rims with race rubber.

car is a clean texas two owner car with all records. all original parts are available. Maintenance is current.

thoughts on value?

forklift 06-06-2004 09:30 AM

I am not sure what is worth, but I can tell you if the 60K service has been done, I would pay around $35K for that car. Maybe a little higher for excellent condition. I paid $31 for mine with less upgrades and no 60 K service. If I had to do it again I would buy a car like the one you are looking at as I have sunk a small fortune in mine over the last six months for upgrades. Just make sure you get a thorough PPI, mine missed some things.

I have promised myself no more modds for the year!, but would really like a re-gear. The revs fall too much in third especially, but this is big $.

Enjoy the car! Those are the two things I would have done differently (more modds, better PPI), but I can say no material possession has made me happier!......especially when on track.

Jim

Flagg 06-06-2004 09:53 AM

I am the original owner of a 1993 Black RSA. I would agree with everything Jim says about value.

You also might want to study the cars that have sold and are for sale on www.rsamerica.com. This is some interesting insite...........I actually feel as thought the cars have been going UP in value over the last few years......

Flagg

John H 06-07-2004 10:36 AM

try RS America link

Great site by the way. Amust if you are thinking of purchasing one of theses cars. Good luck!

Manny Alban 06-07-2004 11:48 AM

Depending what you are going to use it for, the options,who lack of, can be critical. If I was searching for a track car, I'd look for one without the sunroof or AC options and possible radio too (that leaving the only option as LSD). I always looked at fully optioned RSA's as C2's without the rear seats. I think a fully loaded RSA weigh about 15lbs less than a C2. Depending on originality, If the owner has the original seats (which I believe are fairly rare as the C2's came with leather and not the sport seats either), that's a nice feature. The big reds are nice if you do alot of track duty, but fairly useless for the street. Stock RSA brakes are more than suitable for street and alot of track driving.

JoeW 06-07-2004 03:46 PM

For me, the best feature is the lack of power steering! :cheers:

My guess would be that the seller is asking in the area of +$40,000. Right? Assuming it has a good PPI, real good I mean, with the 60k service entirely complete, maybe $36-$38k depending on subjective factors, like how much you like it. You didn't say what color and though you said it's "very clean," a rarer color on an RSA adds to the market value (again see RSA website). On the other hand, the presence of the four options seems to actually reduce the value a bit (especially the sunroof).

All of this is based on my own search which wrapped up in early March. Good luck with it, Joe W.

mumzer 06-07-2004 05:43 PM

Originally posted by JoeW
For me, the best feature is the lack of power steering! :cheers:

My guess would be that the seller is asking in the area of +$40,000. Right?

asking 40k...porsche club guy and enthusiast with diligent record keeping. PPI is scheduled. There are a few question marks which require xplanation....ie a bit of rust on the engine tin behind the motor, and a little higher effort than i would expect getting the gearbox into 1st at a stop.

Not like a 915...but a bit of a balk nonetheless. Im planning a PPI.

JoeW 06-08-2004 11:30 PM

I'd love to hear how the PPI goes. Sounds like there may some "issues." But you won't know till after someone checks it out. Good luck, Joe W.

JasonAndreas 06-09-2004 02:51 AM

Originally posted by mumzer
ie a bit of rust on the engine tin behind the motor,
just a heads up; Any 964 that is not immediately driven after it has been washed will eventually have this problem.

Trader220 06-10-2004 12:42 PM

A couple of very low mileage RS's just traded on Ebay in the low 40's. Now there are two others listed there with much higher mileage, both are 94's which is odd and both at dealers. They're asking top dollar. Plus, Daniel Schmitt has that Silver one that he's been trying to sell for 6 months. He's down to 38k offer.

Rennen 06-10-2004 01:11 PM

I made an offer on the silver one and they rejected it because they said they had someone step up and make them a firm offer of $39.600. I stepped back because I wasn't willing to pay them that for that particular car. I ended up buying the red, low miles (24K) RS from the dealer in Springfield, MO that was also advertised on ebay. I'm going to post pictures here in a few minutes and I think you're going to be impressed. I paid under $40K for it (barely) and it's a real gem. I actually think I got a bargain.

Trader220 06-10-2004 05:08 PM

I offered em 38,500 for the red one in MO and they passed. I am now looking at the Black one on Ebay ending today and the Blue 1994 that was on last week. I have cash in hand and am ready to pull the trigger. The dealer in NJ still has the 14k mileage one at $44. i believe.