Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing passanger side airbag

Old 05-06-2004, 10:56 AM
Staffan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing passanger side airbag

I just installed a Momo steering wheel on my 964 turbo and have disabled both airbags. How do I remove the passenger side airbag ?
Do I get access to it through the glove compartment ?

The law doesn't regulated you need these things here and I allways liked the idea of traveling light.

Thanks in advance!
Staffan
Old 05-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Staffan, I seem to remember seeing access to some nuts/bolts associated with the airbag on the passenger side when I had the top of my dash out. Taking the top out is relatively simple, although it looks tough.

You have to remove your center vents, the top (defroster) vent and the screws that are accessible with the doors open on either side. I can't remember if there are some screws running along the mid-section of the dashboard unit you have to remove or not...I seem to remember contemplating this and finding out that it isn't necessary to remove said screws??

It's possible that you can get it out by removing the glovebox insert...maybe that is the way to get it out?? ...again, not sure, why not check it out first, as it's a bit easier to remove the glovebox insert when compared to the dashboard top.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:01 AM
Staffan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great stuff Jeff, thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Removing passanger side airbag