Sponsored by:

Console side Seat Belt latch

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 05:52 PM
ecsjr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Console side Seat Belt latch

I have searched the archives, but haven't seen anyone mention this problem I am having.

I am switching seats and installing a safety harness, but I also want to keep the stock seat belts for everyday use. Has anyone else had a hard time removing the latching mechanism from the stock seat? The new seats I purchased have a tab on the mounting bracket to bolt the belt latch to, but I am having a heck of a time getting the bolt on the stock seat belt latch off.

Any one have any tips?

Also, if I do not use the stock belt latch, will teh seatbelt warning light stay on?

Ed
'92 C2 Cab
Old 05-01-2004, 06:50 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Ed!

Getting kind of serious with all the mods, aren't you? Listen, you want to get that darn bolt off--they're about $40 each from the dealer. That's right, $40 for a bolt!

You may want to give it a squirt of penetrating oil or WD-40 but it should come off with some persistence and brute force. Lay the seat on its side and have at it. The head's shallow so stay on top of it as you give it a crank.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:04 PM
ecsjr
Advanced

Thanks Joey, that's what I have been doing....these things are frooze on both seats. I wanted to make sure they don't turn the wrong way or anything.

Are you going to Blackhawk on 5/5?

Ed '92 C2 Cab
Old 05-01-2004, 07:35 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

I figured you were getting ready for the first DE of the year. A friend called this week, as well, to get some help getting is car ready. I'm taking a pass on Blackhawk but I WILL be heading to the track on Wednesday: Mid Ohio! The Mid Ohio Region of PCA is holding a DE prior to the Club Race weekend.

I already did RA a couple weeks ago but will return for the Memorial Day DE with the Chicago Region. Hope to see you there!
Old 05-01-2004, 07:58 PM
ecsjr
Advanced

Joey,

Have you ever done a DE with the Maumee Valley PCA? they have one at Gingerman May 22-23.

I can't make RA this year again... someday!

Ed
'92 C2 Cab
Old 05-02-2004, 10:13 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

No, I've never attended a Maumee Valley event but I hear good things about the Michiana group. I wouldn't hesitate to run with another PCA region if that's what your schedule allows. Most are p-car nuts so they can't be all that bad, right?

Quick Reply: Console side Seat Belt latch