Sponsored by:

Unscrupulous supplier!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 05:45 PM
colorwood
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Unscrupulous supplier!

Usually suffer from the very "British" trait of not complaining about poor service but just had an unpleasant experience with one of the larger unofficial Porsche part suppliers online that has made me rethink!

I bought some parts from their website the other day, and on delivery, noted that the price on the invoice was considerably more than the price on the website, more than 10% on one item. Wasn't sure of my facts so I went online that night and double checked the website, sure enough, they'd over charged me noticeably. I wrote them a polite email explaining this and asking for a credit and waited for the reply.

They wrote back the following day saying I was mistaken and that If I checked the website, I would indeed find I was wrong. Well, I logged on and you couldn't imagine my surprise to find the new prices on the web site! What these jokers didn't take into account was that I saved a full copy of the webpage with a time and date that I hope will be the evidence I need to get my credit card company to lean heavily on them.

In the big scheme of things, this must be peanuts for a company as large as theirs but why tread on the fingers of the little guy? I spent hundreds with them over the last couple of years and will now take that business elsewhere, as well as making sure I spread the good word on their behalf.

Not about to start naming names and risking breaching etiquette of this great site, but if anyone is interested who this "honourable" outfit is, I'd be happy to let you know privately. Just be aware of any company you're not 101 % sure about.

Sorry for my bitchin'!
Old 04-13-2004, 05:51 PM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Unscrupulous supplier!

Originally posted by colorwood

Not about to start naming names and risking breaching etiquette of this great site...
Sorry you had a problem Is it not a breach of etiquette not to provide names of suppliers that do wrong? You can always update us after they admit the error and make amends.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:57 PM
colorwood
Intermediate

Fair comment....

Never really thought about the flipside of NOT naming!

Design911

Don't feel any embarrassment , enjoy my few quid! It will be the last.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:43 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it possible that your browser was displaying a cached version of the page that youd looked at before? This has happened to me and it can be rather embarrassing!

On the other hand LA Porsche has quoted me prices that are many times higher than on their website and have put me off ever doing business with them as a result!

Good luck in getting a result if you have been mistreated.

Regardless of the amount, IMO consumers need to stick up for their rights much more often!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 06:56 PM
ian c - u.k

i'd send the goods back and let the card company know about the greivance
Old 04-14-2004, 03:28 AM
raymond-turner
Instructor

I had similar problem, ordered parts, and was overcharged, not by much, but more importantly I requested and was assured next day delivery, it took 8 days to arrive. I'll not use them again.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:34 AM
colorwood
Intermediate

I'd thought about the page being "cached" and made sure it was refreshed. What makes this all the worse is that I wrote to them before Easter giving them an opportunity to sort this. Waited all across Easter before "going public" in case they were closed but they still don't reply.

I wasn't in a position NOT to use the parts at the time but I'll still pursue the matter with the Credit card company.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:31 AM
Julian Thompson
Racer

That is a pretty poor show.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:14 AM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

If you have bought the goods within the last 7 days you can return them for a full refund. Aside from the sale of goods act, we now have the distance selling act 2000.
This affords the buyer protection against misleading advertising. You need make no other issues other than the goods are no longer required, you will however have to pay postage.

Kevin.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:37 PM
colorwood
Intermediate

I was in a bit of a dilemma with the parts, I knew something wasn't quite right as soon as I saw the delivery note/invoice but didn't have access to the computer at the time. I'm not really in a position to return the items so I'll see what the cc company comes back with.

They say revenge is a dangerous motive but if this thread puts just one potential customer off using this crowd then I'll feel someway towards achieving retribution.

Thanks for the input all!

Mike
Old 04-14-2004, 01:43 PM
jasonbu64
Instructor

Your posts are enlightening and they have done there job, have stopped looking at these suppliers for anything, Thanks!!!
Old 04-14-2004, 04:23 PM
dove
Banned

I had a bad experiance with this firm,i ordered an item for my car and waited for a week.Low and behold it arrived with some bits missing.I complained and they didnt want to know.Sometimes this firm sells stuff on ebay you wouldnt buy a thing of them if you read the ratings.

Paul
Old 04-14-2004, 05:48 PM
ian c - u.k

Originally posted by colorwood

They say revenge is a dangerous motive but if this thread puts just one potential customer off using this crowd then I'll feel someway towards achieving retribution.

certainly put me off !!!!

only used them once , 2 days before the christmas hols i phone for a fabspeed dual outlet zorst .
did me free delivery and goods arrived perfect the next day . (i put cash into their account at manchester branch)

imho , with the web action these days , "mistakes" like this are commercial suicide !!! "word of mouth" now reaches thousands !!
Old 04-15-2004, 07:39 AM
Ade - C4 91
Racer

I've also had several bad experiences with this company.

Every time I buy something from them there is something wrong. First time was receiving incorrect parts - and was then told that they wouldnt pay return shipping ( I should have learned from this). Then a second shipment, where I receiving used parts that were meant to be new, again - they were not interested in rectifying this.

I was in a hurry trying to ship my car to NZ (and the rest of my household), and very busy with work so I just dropped the matter.

I won't use Design911 anymore, found in the end you're better buying from Pelican or directly from Porsche. At least you have some comeback.

Ade.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:24 AM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used my OPC for all of my recent parts. They know me now, and readily give me a discount which in most cases bring prices to the same as or cheaper even than type911, design911 etc.

I also KNOW that I'm getting the right part.

...and last time I was there, they gave my 7 year old son a cap (brand new, £10 ish).

Quick Reply: Unscrupulous supplier!