Sponsored by:

Speedometer problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 11:24 PM
rchliu98
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedometer problem

I have a '94 C2 and all of sudden my speedmeter doesn't work. I have people quoted me from $90 - $600. One said is relay problem and other said is a gear inside the meter. But all said it is common problem. But if it so common, why no one can give me the same answer. Does anyone out there have the same problem??

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:12 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which functions don't work? All, or just some - e.g. warning lights, spoiler control, speed reading, mileage?

You might want to try pulling and then reconnecting the connector at the back of it - it's worked for me in the past.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:47 AM
red911c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar problem with mine and the speedometer stopped working. They said it was a broken gear and it ran me about $300...
Old 04-13-2004, 10:41 AM
Rory H.
AutoX

I have the same problem. Starting a couple of weeks ago, my Speedometer and Odometer stopped working and my spoiler light stayed on. So I pulled over shut down the car and restarted (I have lived with windows for too long...lol) and it fixed it self and spoiler light went off. Then yesterday it did the same but shutting off engine and restarting doesn't work anymore. I tried pulling the speedometer reconnecting the connector but that didn't help either. Before I take it to the shop is there any other ideas for an easy fix? Plus if it needs a new speedometer/odometer won't it show 0 miles on the new unit? (I hope there is a way to show the correct miles) I couldn't believe how easy it was to take the speedometer out of the dash. Can I just order a new speedometer and put it in my self if that is the problem and put the correct miles on it?

Thanks,

Rory
Old 04-14-2004, 02:56 AM
rchliu98
AutoX

Rory,
My issue is the same as yours. I think they will only repair the meter not replace. I am taking this problem to a shop whose owner was one of original 911 enginners back in the 60's and 70's. I will keep you posted.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:31 PM
Rory H.
AutoX

Thanks rchilu98.

Keep me posted and good luck.... I am taking mine to the shop next Tuesday so I will do the same.

Rory

Quick Reply: Speedometer problem