Job well done

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 12:03 PM
buckdr1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Job well done

Had to post for all my 964 friends. Had and Excellent job done by Armor Glove ( NO AFFL>) of Greenwich CT. Please see my post on the GT3/GT2 board. They also did my '91 "Trackmeister".
Yep, I had to bit the bullet on a GT3 Now if business keeps getting stronger I won't have to sell my '93.
Praying
Bill
Old 03-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Wow, I don't really get to the other boards that much, including the 996, Cayenne and turbo boards. I was looking for what your were talking about and was pretty amused by the going ons on the GT board and linked over to the 986 post so attached in the GT board. Some pretty heated stuff.

I like this board. Maybe its more interesting to me because the only car that seems to require work and upkeep is my older car/964. I do open the the links to the 996, turbo and Cayenne forum, but rarely read through the posts as I just don't find them as interesting for what ever reason. I was real suprised to see all of the in fighting. I did find it funny that someone was continuing to use my term of endearment for dirt bag ricer though.

Anyway, without sounding to corny, I would like to thank everyone for the maturity level and the level of informative and entertaining posts on this forum.

I can only imagine the chasticizing I would have received from some of the other boards for the blasmathy and atrocities I have have committed with regard to my 964 (and probably my spelling and intelligence due to typing skills). Much more respect for others and for others varying tastes exhibited on this board. Even if we don't all have the same taste, we all share a common passion and seem to respect other's differences here.
Old 03-21-2004, 03:45 PM
buckdr1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Doug, your right. I too like it here. Reason enough to get a 964.
Seems the GT boards still teething. The board was acutally shut down, just as wanted to post on my new P-car earlier in the week! Abit John D. put his foot down, read the riot act, and re-opened it. Time will tell.
Hot car/s -Hot Topics. No one forces us to read what we don't want to.
Nice
Bill
Old 03-21-2004, 04:54 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Congrats on the car. I mean it is entertaining to an extent, but it is nice to be able to come here and get information without having to defend oneself constantly.
Old 03-21-2004, 07:09 PM
buckdr1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks, Doug. Weren't you toying w/ an idea to add to your stable?
Yes, I agree there as well. With the GT3's especially,I for one am on a learning curve, seperating rumor from fact.
But it really feels like it'll go like stink, lots of smiles.
Bill
Old 03-21-2004, 07:34 PM
JoeW
Pro

Good luck with the GT3! It's my dream car. I got a ride in one and an experienced competition driver says he thinks it's the best street car Porsche has ever made!

What are the particulars on yours? Joe W.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:36 AM
buckdr1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Joe, fairly simple, as they should be IMHO.
Black/black, w/ full leather, w/ red deviated stiching(seats/door panels icluded), Litronic headlights, G Red belts(NC), no cruise.
Bill
Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2004, 04:10 PM
JoeW
Pro

Ohhh my. That's so nice looking! You know, when the 996 is dressed to perform it's a lovely car .... I wish they'd have begun with that. Thanks for posting. Joe W

Quick Reply: Job well done