Sponsored by:

Berlyn Services

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 04:14 AM
adewatson
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Berlyn Services

Berlyn seems to be the cheapest place for my new o2 sensor. Does anyone know if this supplier sells the original item as when I spoke to my OPC parts guy he quoted me the same number for the part as Berlyn's website but prefixed 965 not 964.

I've read about the issue with the "non waterproof" bosch equivalent and just wondered if anyone had any experience before I place an order

Thanks

Adrian
Old 03-20-2004, 05:07 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear Adrian,
Haven't you had enough experience with water. Why would you even consider a non waterproofed O2 sensor?
Bert Gear only sells Porsche parts unless you specifically request a non Porsche part. 964 and 965 part number O2 sensor are the same. There is a reason for them having different prefixes but that is an unimportant engineering drawing issue.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 03-20-2004, 03:53 PM
adewatson
Instructor

Adrian

You've hit the nail on the head I DON'T want a cheap non waterproof version but Berlyn is £20 cheaper and can get it quicker! So I just wanted to check that it would be an original not the non waterproof variety,

Adrian
Old 03-20-2004, 05:04 PM
Richard Talbot
Intermediate

Hi
I bought my "genuine" replacement from Berlyn had same running problem as you, get it ordered, it took me longer to jack up the car and remove the wheel than it did to replace the sensor. I would advise you to cut the lead so you can use a good ring spanner to remove the old one, I did have to heat mine a little too.

cheers

Quick Reply: Berlyn Services