Sponsored by:

NYC-area upholstery shop?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 09:02 AM
nrh
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default NYC-area upholstery shop?

I'd like to find a shop that knows our cars to replace my headliner and sunroof headliner (I have the material) somewhere near NYC - anyone have good (or bad) experiences to share?
Old 07-08-2020, 11:33 AM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 431 Likes on 279 Posts

I've used Bells in greenwich for a headliner. They did a good job. It was expensive. I think around 1200. Windows out, etc.

Watch the windows - front and rear both need to be done by someone who knows 964 - particularly the front. The headliner is easy.

If i had to do it again, I'll be removing my own windows- fwiw. And ensuring it's done right, with the correct seal (there were two versions early and late), and the correct glass if the glass were to change.

The rear is just a matter of being careful w the wiring. And rear quarters are very easy.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:43 PM
Brig993
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 72 Posts

Ewe Auto Seat Cover Co in North Bergen, NJ installed a non-sunroof headliner, recovered my seats and replaced my carpets in my 993. They did a very great job. I bought the headliner, seat coverings and carpets from Southbound Trimmers in the UK they are excellent.
Old 07-08-2020, 04:00 PM
RallyeChris
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 62 Posts

Johan at Coachtrim is the best, IMO. Danbury, CT

Otherwise, Tim at Automat in Hicksville, NY
Old 07-09-2020, 09:17 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,291 Likes on 1,355 Posts

My car is having the sunroof removed so we will be attacking the headliner soon. My friend Pino from RSR auto restoration does some of the best work I have seen. He is not cheap but it is a multi day process for the installation not including removing and installing all the glass. The headliner needs to stretch over time otherwise if you try to pull it the holes in the liner stretch and look wrong. I have seen many poorly done. If he is more accessible you might try him he is in Wyckoff NJ. RSR auto restoration. He usually has 15 or so Porsche's he is working on in the shop and has done work for many listers all of whom are happy with the work. https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Pino doing some of his magic on a 356.

Old 07-09-2020, 12:14 PM
tgil
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

RS Werks has several clients in the NYC area getting or already took delivery of full builds. RS Werks is near Philly and they have an in-house technician that does the interiors on their full builds and partial builds. Im on my 2nd full build so I know the shop-I also know 2 911 owners from TX at this years HC Rallye sent their cars to RS Werks vs having someone in Austin do their interiors if that helps you. I was at HC this year and had first hand info about them choosing RS for their interior work.

Good luck.

Todd
Durham, NC

Quick Reply: NYC-area upholstery shop?