Somebody snipped my wire...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 09:05 PM
bhensarl
Jarhead
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Somebody snipped my wire...

Last weekend I removed my passenger seat to have a look at what's under there (only got the car a month ago, we're still getting to know each other) and found this wire all by itself and seemingly cut some time after the car's construction. It's a larger sleeve with a white, a yellow, a green, and a orange or brown wire, and one blue wire half the size of the others. Did this wire at one time connect to the amp? Is this the stock Blaupunkt amp? And one more question for you audio gurus out there, how do I get access to the head unit (i.e. pull it out of the dash so I can see what's connected back there? Do you need to know what sort of head unit it is, or is it fairly universal?)? Thanks for all your help.
P.S. The wire isn't actually in the first picture, it's just a far out view to show you where the wire is located. The next two give more detail.

Brian
Attached Images  
Old 03-12-2004, 09:07 PM
bhensarl
Jarhead
Rennlist Member

A little bit closer...
Attached Images  
Old 03-12-2004, 09:08 PM
bhensarl
Jarhead
Rennlist Member

And finally...
Attached Images  
Old 03-12-2004, 09:57 PM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks to me like at one time they swaped out the factory amp for a larger unit and re wired the speakers and head unit not using the stock wiring harness and actually cut the old amp out. As for the head unit they have release clips or you might need the U shped release tool to get it to slide out. Good Luck. I hate having to re do aftermarket sound systems.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:51 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yup, those wires were to your original 40W x 4ch Blaupunkt amp.

For example, the smaller blue wire was the "turn on" lead to the amp.

As one might surmise, that is NOT a factory amplifier...rather a more than decent replacement...enjoy the sound!

If it's a factory Blaupunkt head unit, a set of crafty cut wire hanger pieces will release your stereo...then set that puppy free - in the round file.

Quick Reply: Somebody snipped my wire...