Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of new interior with RS Seats and Red Guage surround

Old 03-12-2004, 09:24 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally posted by Kahdmus
I was waiting all week to see these! Great job Doug, it looks far, far better than I expected!!! Does everything really coordinate as well as it looks in the picture?

Hope you had quality time with Mickey!

--Howard
Disney was great and so was Sea World.

The car does look great. All of the colors in person match very well and I think the car looked better in person. It looked like a totally different car when we slid the driver's seat in and stepped back for a look.

The weight reduction is incredible. The stock seat are so heavy while these bad boys are lighter than you think they will be when you go to pick them up.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:26 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by jonesey
Doug...let me know if they have a buyer...I might be interested.
No problem. How much are looking to spend. If you are in the same ball park, I would rather take care of a fellow Rennlister. One stumbling block in pricing would be shipping. At this time, I am also not really looking to give them away just in case I decide for whatever reason to reinstall the stock seats.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:49 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Constructive criticism is welcomed. Should I tone down the seat insert cushions on the front and make them all black. The way it is now is exactly the way Porsche release the Turbo S seats color scheme wise. I like the idea of stock look, but I don't want it to be too loud.

Any suggestions. BTW, the dahs is staying. I am happier with the dash than any thing else I have done to the car. It looks incredible in person and the pictures do not do the dash justice. So, my focus is on the seat insert color.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:59 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2c...

I think your doors need a little splash of red, Doug, to tie it all together.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:04 AM
JoeW
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by John Boggiano
My 2c...

I'll second that --

no problem with the seats at all, I think they look good, though the direction isn't my taste. (Not a criticism, just a personal reaction to the red & all -- I'm more of a 'minimalist' I guess )

My suggestion is more with all the wiring hanging all over the place -- reminds me too much of intensive care -- can all that be hardwired somehow? (Again, just a personal choice.)

That said, you're turning it into a very special car indeed! J
Old 03-13-2004, 10:50 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

It's hardwired for a V1 which recently ballistic on laser band. Bright lights or reflections are setting it off. The G-Techs usually don't stay in there. I just left them in there from the last time I drove the car.

Red on the doors is what interior shop wanted to do. I am not sure how far I want to take it.
Old 03-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Youcef
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A momo in the middle would finish it nicely!
Old 03-13-2004, 12:50 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by John Boggiano
My 2c...

If you swapped the door panels for the RS type and had red door pulls, I think it would also add to that fast 'racing' look the car has and add ocnsistency and coordination!!

I'm really enjoying watching this take place and am grateful to Doug for sharing the thought process right through the install and final presentation! GREAT STUFF! (and this is from a rice hater...!!!) :-)

Cheers,

--HB
Old 03-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Doug H,

I this is a great job. I want to bo hounest with you, and I have to say that I don't like the improvements. I like the seats, even the colour fits perfect, but sorry....... I don't like your dash improvement. It's a matter of taste.

I can see on your car that you are very good for the 911, and nothing is too much for you.

I hope you don't blame me for my opinion.

Have fun with your new things! I hop you find it worth the money.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Kahdmus
If you swapped the door panels for the RS type and had red door pulls, I think it would also add to that fast 'racing' look the car has and add ocnsistency and coordination!!

I'm really enjoying watching this take place and am grateful to Doug for sharing the thought process right through the install and final presentation! GREAT STUFF! (and this is from a rice hater...!!!) :-)

Cheers,

--HB
I agree on both points - and the RS panels must be lighter - there is a company (no connection) which always has them on eBay.

I also agree with Youseff - the original wheel is looking like it needs to go. Dont you love it when other people spend your money!!

As for the final decision on what works, well I reckon that is for you. If you get a kick out of it - go for it. If it is true that the easiest 911's to sell are the stock ones, well you're already so far away from that point (as are most of us) that making it into a car you really dig makes sense to me.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:06 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Looks cool, Doug!

But I agree, let's lose the stock steering wheel next. If you need an airbag, I think the ajusa one is hard to beat (Ruairidh has one, if memory serves).

If you can do without the airbag, here are a couple ideas:

Type 911 (not sure what's involved with fitting this)

Momo Commando
Old 03-13-2004, 02:28 PM
America
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO the red insert is too much for your car. Since its red already I would leave it. I also thought about changing mine to match, but glad I opted not too. Take a look at my seats.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:29 PM
America
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Pic from the other side.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:42 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

I still have the off white inserts so I can go back. Car not going to be finished today after all. I really need everything done so I can sit back and take it in before I make any final decisions. Everything I have done is reversible.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:44 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Joey, that airbag steering wheel looks great. I would love to go non airbag. Any ideas if that is illegal or a problem. I am not sure why it should matter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pics of new interior with RS Seats and Red Guage surround