964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

91 C4 at european engineering in Mass.

Old 03-11-2004, 12:00 PM
RobMc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 C4 at european engineering in Mass.

I came close to buying this car last spring but went with another choice, however I have been keeping an eye on it to see where it ended up. The dealer who had it when I was looking at it wholesaled it to european engineering and I just e-mailed them about it and they told me it was sold. I was wondering if the new owner was here.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:12 PM
ACFOUR
Intermediate

I nearly bought that car myself last fall, but after a PPE by EPE of Natick was told that it needed a new clutch, possibly had a LW flywhell and no distributor vent kit. EE was not willing to budge on price so I passed. Found a car in Michigan last month instead that I am very happy with. Glad I passed on EE's.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:22 PM
JoeW
Pro

I looked at it, too, and got as far as a drive. I'm hopeful that no one here ended up with it ... had some bad feelings about it. J
Old 03-11-2004, 09:30 PM
RobMc
Instructor

Thanks for your reply Ralph. I guess I was right with my decision, due to what I learned from this site I had noticed that that car didn't have the distributor vent kit and also on a test drive I noticed on a 1-2 redline shift that it did not seem right it overrevved. When I mentioned this to the salesman his reply was " I spoke with some people at Porsche and they told me that this was normal that it had to do with gear ratios" of course as soon as he said this I knew he was full of bull. It is a shame since when I looked at this car it was represented at one of the biggest Porsche dealers in the world, I guess you can't trust any dealers.
However with a site like rennlist you can get the info. you need to make an informed purchase.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:36 PM
RobMc
Instructor

The really sad thing is when this car first went up for sale they (inskip) wanted 30,995 for it!
Old 03-11-2004, 10:34 PM
RobMc
Instructor

Ya know this really pisses me off! When I looked at this car they assured me that the whole car had been gone through and that it needed nothing. When I asked about the clutch and the flywheel and the distr. vent kit they assured me that every update had been taken care of and that this car needed nothing. I felt that the clutch wasn't right but I figured they were Inskip and they knew better than me. Fortunately I made the right decision and passed on the car however what is worse is that I have recommended them to other people and I obviously shouldn't of.
It would be nice if some car dealers actually sold decent cars without 'stretching the truth' on their mechanical condition.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rob,
I tell people all the time if the car doesn't feel 100% correct then you should walk away. Glad you trusted your gut feeling on that one. It is to bad that some dealers mis-represent certain cars that they just want to move. Best wishes - Jay Gratton
Old 03-13-2004, 10:19 PM
RobMc
Instructor

I hear what you are saying Jay whenever I mention a car for sale to someone I always mention that they should definately get a p.p.i. done, always. What really irks me about this car is that if the dealer had the flywheel/clutch and distributor vent kit done it would of been a decent example. They had everything else done on the car 60k service, belts, plugs etc, had new tires put on but skimped on the tranny work to try and save a few bucks. The car was one owner with records to day one so if it was prepared for resale properly it would of been a top example.

Last edited by RobMc; 03-14-2004 at 08:50 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 91 C4 at european engineering in Mass.