Sponsored by:

Red guage surround finished

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts
Default Red guage surround finished

Wow. Looks so much better than I had envisioned. Unfortunately, I did not have a camerea with me. I had mediation this morning and that was looming on my mind.

I am on my way to Disney World for a week. I will get photos when I get back in town, but this turned out the be an incredible addition to the car interior, especially with the white/aluminum guages.

The RS seat color is not black. It is a very dark carbon. Bummer, not sure how this will look. Seat backs are off to be painted in red and they are redoing the center cushion in factory Can-can red perforated leather.

Hope the Can-can will be a close enough match to everything else as everything else is close to Guards Red. We will see and I am saving the light grey covers just in case Can-can does not work out.

They can make me new outer covers in black leather, but this will costs about $ 1,000. I am hoping that that the very dark carbon grey will look okay and want to see before I spend another $ 1,000 for new outer covers.

What do you all think, will can-can red be okay for insert and will it look bad to have the seats not completely black.

This is getting expensive fast . . .

Last edited by Doug H; 03-05-2004 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:40 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doug, one word.........pictures!!!! Now we gotta wait at least a week to see for ourselves! What a tease!!

Cheers,

--Howard
Old 03-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Back from Disney. The shop tells me the paint shop got faint runs on the seat backs that no-one saw until the car was being detailed. Car not ready today. I raised it a bit and the guy said he would go in tomorrow and have it ready. Big time let down. Hope to have pictures tomorrow.

I did see the inserts in Can-Can red. They looked great. They used Porsche factory perforated and all so it looks real. They also detailed the seats and they look brand new.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:53 AM
JoeW
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doug, re: the charcoal -- my guess is you'll be 'good to go.' I think the tone-on-tone effect is just what "Excellence" is looking for for when they do the spread on your beauty! J

Quick Reply: Red guage surround finished