Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

Those window frames look fantastically!
Old 03-22-2020, 09:34 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,295 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by GentlemanRacer
Thanks Anthony.
Toronto has been a ghost town for days, but it’s the right thing to do. My hospital was the epicentre for SARS back in 2003 and I had to wear a hazmat suit to work for 3 weeks day in and out and we had police guarding entrance and exits. The virus was that deadly. While not as deadly, transmissibility with this virus is so high that the shear numbers will overwhelm us in healthcare. The key here lies with the people , the everyday people who just need to stay home. We only have so many doctors and nurses, regardless if we find enough ventilators, so those smart enough to do the math should educate those that can’t do it for themselves. I have resorted to using Spock’s 🖖 as my new greeting. Live long and prosper.

venting over.

its plated in Chrome by a local shop, but then brushed by the in-house detailers at Coachwerks. I will try to get a better shot. It’s hard with the lights reflecting off the surface.

I hope you do end up getting the parts you need. It’s been a while since we have seen an update from your car. It’s a good distraction these days.

cheers
Best thing right now is to stay safe and healthy. None of this is important without good health.

I doubt I will see my parts anytime soon so I have 2 suspensions in pieces and no way to finish things. I guess I will do a valve lash adjustment on my C2 and work on fixing anything I have parts for just to keep from going stir crazy. I might have to put the old suspension back in so I can work on the turbo as well. Having 2 lifts tied up is a bummer.

You must be crazy busy again. My friend is a Dr in CO and came out to NYC for a while after purchasing an apartment. Although a spine surgeon has been recalled home as they want all physicians to be near their home base. My wifes business is booming; already met their quota for 2020 since there are so few places for people to put their money right now. She is working from home so I have taken up some carpentry to help her out. She needs more desk space in her home office so I made her a small side table out of old lumber i have lying around. Not bad for an afternoons work but I won't quit my day job. LOL

Be safe stay healthy and hopefully we will be back to car decision issues as being our biggest life problems again soon.

The following 3 users liked this post by cobalt:
911Jetta (03-22-2020), dukmon (03-22-2020), Marine Blue (03-22-2020)
Old 03-22-2020, 02:55 PM
GentlemanRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 139 Posts

I am home today, thank fully and doing my best to spend time with my wife and kids in whatever capacity I can now. Tomorrow and for the next few months are going to be a different reality. Will be participating in care of our new set of Covid patients at the hospital. I have already set up the spare bedroom, with a TV and all all the necessary things to survive, like car magazines, and beer. As in SARS I have to institute measures such as disrobing before entering the house, clothes in the wash and a shower before I even sit down. Will be eating dinner in sight of the family but not at the same table. Got to ensure that my family is safe no matter if I get this virus or not.

The car just finished the second stage of priming after the 3 levels of sanding and is awaiting the paint! I am so hoping that I will get the car back by end of April so I can use my free time to remove my focus from work whenever I can. I should have an update by tonight.

That is some nice stained wood. Great to see that you are keeping busy. I am surprised though, that a man with your experience didn't put a grommet in that table for all those cords

Last edited by GentlemanRacer; 03-22-2020 at 02:56 PM. Reason: edit
The following 2 users liked this post by GentlemanRacer:
911Jetta (03-22-2020), Garydose (03-22-2020)
Old 03-22-2020, 03:21 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

^^^ LOL there is the hole for the grommet. Just not worth going to the store to buy one.

She filled it up quickly. It is the smallest room in the house but the same size as her work office so she feels comfortable in there. She has all her nostalgia. Her father's desk and many momentos with a view of NYC out the window. On to the next project. I figured I have a solid month before I start hitting the things on the need to but don't want to do list.

Be safe.

Old 03-23-2020, 09:13 PM
GentlemanRacer
Rennlist Member

Default Primed and Sanded

Second primer coat with 400 and 800 grit sanding done. Smooth smooth smooth. The bumpers and hood parts were fitted and will be awaiting paint. I really like the silhouette.
Now that they have had to reduce their other bodyshop work, my car gets bumped up in line.

Old 03-23-2020, 09:38 PM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 543 Likes on 277 Posts

Incredible Vince. Every time this thread gets bumped up I am hoping for color.

Mr. Wolfe
Old 03-23-2020, 11:10 PM
revolution993
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts

Damn Vince , hope everything will be okay and thank you for the help your doing at the hospital in this difficult times.
My 964 is all in parts getting ready for paint and engine being rebuild don’t even think i can drive it this year
Old 03-23-2020, 11:33 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

She’s coming along nicely! Good work takes time and patience, but the wait will be worth it judging by these pictures. Besides the weather isn’t the best right now and you have other things to tend to at work so let them take their time and make it absolutely perfect. Think of this as your reward when this mess is behind us.

The following users liked this post:
GentlemanRacer (04-28-2020)
Old 03-24-2020, 08:30 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Looking good!!!

My friend is slow now as well. Nobody wants to start any of the painting projects they have lined up. With all the shutdowns there are fewer people on the roads and less work. He has 6 or so early long nose projects he is working on to keep busy.

BTW are you doing a hood badge?

Lets all pray this passes quickly.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:15 AM
GentlemanRacer
Rennlist Member

Greg, its still not painted!!!!

But the suspension has been installed. KWv3 with H&R sways back and front. Rothsport steering brace. New bearings and bushings all four corners. Unfortunately the Tarrett inner tie rods are too short. Its a real issue to find the right length for these low volume wide body turbo look C4. I might abandon that part all together and live with whatever the result of the other suspension mods give me. The car is above RS height , but will be adjusted after paint when we tune it appropriately.

This car inspired some of the look
The following 2 users liked this post by GentlemanRacer:
9SIX4-C4 (07-04-2020), Marine Blue (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 07:12 AM
dukmon
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 84 Posts

Looking GREAT!
Old 04-03-2020, 08:27 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Tarett makes different length outer tie rods for bump steer. They have 4 different length options the longest will extend out nearly 2" more than the shortest. Might be worth looking into.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:48 AM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 543 Likes on 277 Posts

The car is coming along amazingly. The wheels look fantastic! I better step up my game before Luft.

Mr. Wolfe
Old 04-03-2020, 12:10 PM
GentlemanRacer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
Tarett makes different length outer tie rods for bump steer. They have 4 different length options the longest will extend out nearly 2" more than the shortest. Might be worth looking into.
I have been on the phone with them. Hoping they can get it resolved.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:09 PM
964George
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by spartansix
Is that a window switch you have modified to take the place of the C4 diff lock switch? Any more info on how that was done?
Originally Posted by GentlemanRacer
Thats a very astute observation Mr Six! The differential lock switch was a rotary type switch and that was going to be too large to place in the binnacle. One of the engineers came up with the brilliant solution to use the door switch. The differential lock was just a binary electric switch which was the same as the up and down contacts on the door switch. Since I am using pre 89 chrome door switches, I had plenty to spare. I will PM you the details of how it was done next week after I contact the engineer. Cheers
Guys, I’m also deleting the centre console, but have opted for the Rennline dash panel as I’ve also deleted my stereo.

As mine is a 1990 C4 it has the two rotary switches for the diff lock and the spoiler operation.
Because the rotary switches work in exactly the same way, I’ve gone down the route of using two 993 spoiler switches.
I’ll just have to change the decal on the one used for the diff lock.

I’ve not completed the wiring as yet but I’ve worked out the pin outs, just waiting on the Porsche plugs to be delivered.

Rear Spoiler Schematic Pin Outs;

Down 964 pin 5 = 993 pin 5 GN/BK
Up 964 pin 3 = 993 pin 6 GN/RE
Common 964 pin 1 = 993 pin 2 BR/GN

Diff Lock Schematic Pin Outs;

Off 964 pin 5 = 993 pin 5 RE/GR
On 964 pin 3 = 993 pin 6 GR/BL
Common 964 pin 1 = 993 pin 2 BR

Hope this helps

993 spoiler switch and operation schematic.

Work in progress...

Quick Reply: Future date/ Back date/ 964 Transformation