Sponsored by:

Headlight leveller

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 02:04 PM
Engin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Headlight leveller

My car originally had H5's (I think) but the previous owner scr...d it by trying to install different bulbs and now the whole thing is upside down (high beams pointing down and the pattern is upside down and it cannot be fixed ). I lived with it for the last 6 months as I do not drive my car much at night, but it's time to fix it.

I am about to buy a set of used LHD H4 headlight set, and they have remote headlight levelling system, while my car does not.

I understand that the remote levelling may not work, but will the headlights fit correctly and will I be able to adjust them as the non-remote ones?

It seems that a lot of cars imported to UK as LHD spec cars need to change to RHD headlights and older headlights are sold for less than half the price of new ones.

I am a new user (should be changed to member within one business day ), but had great help so far, thanks a lot guys.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:57 PM
dove
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Engin, I have a LHD car in the UK and just changed my headlights for UK spec items for an MOT,amazingly its passed every MOT since 98 with the euro spec lights!.Theres no way the remote levelling lights will work in your car if you dont have the whole system installed,as for adjusting the remote lights that will be no problem at all just adjust them on the two screws as the standard ones.
How much are you paying for these two headlights Engin as I have the two euro spec headlights I removed from my car available.

Paul
Old 02-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Engin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. Type 911 has assured me that these headlight would fit and be manually adjustable (not remotely), so I am afraid I have already sent my payment to Type 911 for the headlights. They cost £40 each (no VAT, since Turkey is not part of EU).

I guess I should have asked around in Rennlist before ordering.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Headlight leveller