Sponsored by:

Rear spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 05:57 PM
PeteyDaddy
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rear spoiler

Hello I have a 91 c2 that had a whale tail on it and want to go back to the standard rear spoiler and grille. I dont want/need the motorized etc. Is it possible to simply affix the spoiler and grille to the decklid or do I need to go down the road of the full motor and frame etc. Thanks
Old 05-20-2019, 10:09 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteyDaddy
Hello I have a 91 c2 that had a whale tail on it and want to go back to the standard rear spoiler and grille. I dont want/need the motorized etc. Is it possible to simply affix the spoiler and grille to the decklid or do I need to go down the road of the full motor and frame etc. Thanks

It is possible to affix the spoiler without the mechanics. You use angled pieces of metal to affix it. I have that on my car, but am going to fully functional.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:48 PM
SRM11
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteyDaddy
I just did this over the winter. It was a bit of a pain to try and figure out what parts I need but definitely manageable.

I'd hesitate to just 'jimmy-rig' something going back to OEM. I would at least put the proper linkage in the car so it bolts down correctly. From there you would need the motor/controller under dash/grill wall/micro switches/wiring (if it was removed) to make it functional again.
I don't know what negative effects it will have at higher speed/less air getting to the engine by not going up at speed.

I do have some extra linkage parts I'll be selling if you want to make it bolt down correctly.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:20 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 339 Posts

Pics
Attached Images   
Old 05-22-2019, 09:27 PM
PeteyDaddy
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you this is very helpful!
Old 05-22-2019, 09:28 PM