jwbavalon
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Congtats. Nice looking Chevelle.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:20 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Hopefully one day you will have some time. I would love to see more 964's out and about. Good luck on the turbo 3.6 search. It is even harder to find a nice honest 3.6T than a decent C2. I know of a bunch around but nobody is willing to sell or they aren't worth buying. I have a dozen people looking for over a year now and very few find one to their liking or price point. That is cool about your son. Mine will be 21 soon and has been joining us at several DE's since he turned 18 with my wife and I. Fun family experience.

Enjoy the new toy.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:58 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Congrats on the new air cooled...she is a beauty.

Nice mods too, very cool that your son is doing most of the work. I wish my kids were into cars, sadly neither show much interest, at least not yet.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:52 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Rstrada
Way to go fastmd! As beautiful as expected.
Thanks Arling, still have to install the bumperette deletes.

Originally Posted by jwbavalon
Congtats. Nice looking Chevelle.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by cobalt
Hopefully one day you will have some time. I would love to see more 964's out and about. Good luck on the turbo 3.6 search. It is even harder to find a nice honest 3.6T than a decent C2. I know of a bunch around but nobody is willing to sell or they aren't worth buying. I have a dozen people looking for over a year now and very few find one to their liking or price point. That is cool about your son. Mine will be 21 soon and has been joining us at several DE's since he turned 18 with my wife and I. Fun family experience.

Enjoy the new toy.
You know what they say " the hunt is half the fun", but not really lol. I will find my turbo 3.6 eventually.....
Old 04-22-2019, 11:13 PM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 149 Posts

Fast - that's outstanding... great taste and a great compliment to the collection.

Glad to hear about the headlights - i ordered the same for my 964 and look forward to seeing them! How aggressive is that gold trim ring? It looks prominent in the photo - is it subtle or no?
Old 04-23-2019, 08:54 AM
DobermanDad
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your 964 looks great. I like that you have modern cars, but still have the love for the raw air cooled 964. I always compare it to riding a motorcycle as in you can smell oil and gas and pretty much anything outside haha!

I see you have historical plates on your too. I did the same thing. Have the police giving you any issues with yours? I always think I'm gonna get pulled over because of the historical plates.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:40 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wru
Fast - that's outstanding... great taste and a great compliment to the collection.

Glad to hear about the headlights - i ordered the same for my 964 and look forward to seeing them! How aggressive is that gold trim ring? It looks prominent in the photo - is it subtle or no?
You will love the headlights. When they are on the car the gold ring is not at as prominent when on the bench, if that makes sense. I will post pics so you can see the difference.

Originally Posted by DobermanDad
Your 964 looks great. I like that you have modern cars, but still have the love for the raw air cooled 964. I always compare it to riding a motorcycle as in you can smell oil and gas and pretty much anything outside haha!

I see you have historical plates on your too. I did the same thing. Have the police giving you any issues with yours? I always think I'm gonna get pulled over because of the historical plates.
Thanks. I have not had any problems with historic plates with the police.

Old 04-23-2019, 05:59 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

I love the GT3s, so have seem many of your 991 posts and remembered that you mentioned a 964 as some point. Was anticipating a 964 intro post and you did not disappoint. Gorgeous car, nicely modded.

Smart move by tightening/refreshening everything with Elephant Racing parts, that's the only way a 964 could feel half as sharp as GT car. Can't wait to hear your 6 month report.

It's great sharing these cars with our kids, and even more special when tools are involved and they can get their hands dirty.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:39 PM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 149 Posts

I see what you mean. Those look awesome - can't wait to get mine. Lee is a perfectionist!
Old 04-24-2019, 08:22 AM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Beautiful car with some really nice touches. Well done. Look forward to seeing more pics along your journey.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:26 AM
964Luftballoon
Pro

Received 140 Likes on 104 Posts

Congrats on the car. Very nicely done. That color is amazing!
Old 04-24-2019, 03:39 PM
Hoyt
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Looking good!!

I see a few things that give me some ideas with my newly acquired 964.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:24 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
I love the GT3s, so have seem many of your 991 posts and remembered that you mentioned a 964 as some point. Was anticipating a 964 intro post and you did not disappoint. Gorgeous car, nicely modded.

Smart move by tightening/refreshening everything with Elephant Racing parts, that's the only way a 964 could feel half as sharp as GT car. Can't wait to hear your 6 month report.

It's great sharing these cars with our kids, and even more special when tools are involved and they can get their hands dirty.
Thanks, I agree. In today’s world it’s hard finding common ground with teenagers.

Originally Posted by wru
I see what you mean. Those look awesome - can't wait to get mine. Lee is a perfectionist!
you will be happy, it’s just the wait that sucks.

Originally Posted by C2Spin
Beautiful car with some really nice touches. Well done. Look forward to seeing more pics along your journey.
thank you!

Originally Posted by Infinite1
Congrats on the car. Very nicely done. That color is amazing!
believe me, when I first saw the car I wasn’t sure about the color. After many days at my detailer I could believe the difference.

Originally Posted by Hoyt
Looking good!!

I see a few things that give me some ideas with my newly acquired 964.
Let me know if I can help, a lot of these mods are trial and error.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:38 PM
Sirenty
Rennlist Member

Received 331 Likes on 179 Posts

Can you expand on what “front RS carpet” entails? Did you just replace the carpet in front? Sound deadening removed? Why not full RS?
Old 04-25-2019, 04:29 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Relooking at your mod list and since you did everything elephant and really went through the car...

Some additional mods of interest (some only add marginal gains)
  • steering rack brace
  • FD goldenrod and RS short shift
  • Function First trans insert (softest 55d)
  • RS/Wevo/Rennline motor mounts
  • 3 or 4 point front strut bar
Again, since you’re a modern GT owner, theses are all things sharpen the car and improve the platforms driving dynamics without making it harsh at all. Over time I did that list to my previous car, and did them again immediately with my current car. Car feels even more solid and precise.

Quick Reply: My new 964 joining modern GT cars