Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real cup car or fake?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 11:35 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 105 Posts

Thank you both! I have the wheels and spacers. Just wanted to pair with an accurate stud length. I was going to purchase them from Elephant with a bullet style lead, but the OEMs are actually much cheaper. Interesting.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:19 AM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Kecho is correct the Andial prepped US cup deleted primary and secondary mufflers with by-pass pipes but cars ran the cats, fun thread!
Old 05-07-2019, 04:56 PM
2swoosh
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 199 Posts

Sad to say but still waiting for parts from Germany (ball joints stuff), everything else is done!
Old 05-10-2019, 10:19 PM
2swoosh
Rennlist Member

Got some good news today the dealer got an eta for the parts arriving this coming Thursday. Can't wait!
Old 05-12-2019, 01:16 PM
kecho
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Here's a couple of photos I took of my car yesterday at Luftgekuhlt 6 . Staged at Universal Studio's Back Lot. A truly spectacular event and a must see event for all "AIR COOLED" enthusiast.

You can check out the list of cars here..

http://luftcars.com/?utm_source=Luft...eid=69d68ef90d

Old 05-12-2019, 01:18 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 119 Posts

Awesome car, I enjoyed checking it out. (again)
Old 05-12-2019, 03:27 PM
Jbarnes RS
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Triz82

Someone signed it

Trunk looks correct to me. My 964 RS has the unique break.booster on the left side of the gas tank.
Also notice the bracket for the ECU. The cup cars would usually move the ECU to the frame rails so they are not damaged with a hard hit.

Not sure on cage but could have been added.

Super cool car. Great find.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:11 PM
2swoosh
Rennlist Member

Looks real nice with the stickers on Kecho have you met any other Cup Car owners during the show?
Old 05-13-2019, 09:28 AM
kecho
Rennlist Member

No, there were no other USA Cup cars present, nor did I meet anyone who claimed they owned one, or knew of one. I really didn't spend much time around my car though, as there was WAY too much to see. I did however check on the car from time to time and when I did, the folks I met were very friendly and interested in hearing more about the car.

FYI....I had a set of "Static" stickers made a week before the event which can be taken on and off very easily. I did however need to"Blue" tape the leading edge of the stickers before I drove from San Diego to Los Angeles. This was to prevent them from lifting and flying off at speed. An adhesive sticker wouldn't do this, but you run the risk of damaging the paint if you decide to remove them. Let me know if you'd like a set?

Originally Posted by 2swoosh
Looks real nice with the stickers on Kecho have you met any other Cup Car owners during the show?
Old 05-13-2019, 10:24 AM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Originally Posted by kecho
No, there were no other USA Cup cars present, nor did I meet anyone who claimed they owned one, or knew of one. I really didn't spend much time around my car though, as there was WAY too much to see. I did however check on the car from time to time and when I did, the folks I met were very friendly and interested in hearing more about the car.

FYI....I had a set of "Static" stickers made a week before the event which can be taken on and off very easily. I did however need to"Blue" tape the leading edge of the stickers before I drove from San Diego to Los Angeles. This was to prevent them from lifting and flying off at speed. An adhesive sticker wouldn't do this, but you run the risk of damaging the paint if you decide to remove them. Let me know if you'd like a set?
It would be great if we could find a way to get the cars and owners together for a reunion- there have been attempts in the past to gather US cups for Porsche Parade ,I've always been too busy to attend but exiting the work force soon.

Phil

Last edited by pu911rsr; 05-13-2019 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:47 PM
kecho
Rennlist Member

Wink

Originally Posted by pu911rsr
I'd be great if we could find a way to get the cars and owners together for a reunion- there have been attempts in the past to gather US cups for Porsche Parade ,I've always been too busy to attend but exiting the work force soon.

Phil

"DITTO"....I made an attempt to get a reunion together for last year's Rennsport, but did not get many replies or responses. I'm pretty certain most of these cars have been tucked away in private collections (like the "White Collection") and never get to see the light of day (very sad). I purchased my car from a nice gentleman (original owner) who drove it every so often and did participate in several events in the northwest. A very well known car in the Seattle area. I'm pleased to bring it to these types of events where the USA Edition Cups get the recognition they deserve. It would be VERY cool to have a string of them lined up to compare features and changes that have taken place over the past 27 years. Besides the honorary Champagne Toast!!!!
Old 05-13-2019, 01:41 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by kecho
"DITTO"....I made an attempt to get a reunion together for last year's Rennsport, but did not get many replies or responses. I'm pretty certain most of these cars have been tucked away in private collections (like the "White Collection") and never get to see the light of day (very sad). I purchased my car from a nice gentleman (original owner) who drove it every so often and did participate in several events in the northwest. A very well known car in the Seattle area. I'm pleased to bring it to these types of events where the USA Edition Cups get the recognition they deserve. It would be VERY cool to have a string of them lined up to compare features and changes that have taken place over the past 27 years. Besides the honorary Champagne Toast!!!!
That's the spirit! These types of cars need more owners like you.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:32 PM
pu911rsr
Drifting

I'm as guilty as anyone for not using mine as intended. Used to race it, just go too valuable to track, maybe I can overcome my aversion to that.

Phil
Old 05-13-2019, 04:08 PM
2swoosh
Rennlist Member

Once I get mine from the dealer she will be driven everyday weather permitting and after a full clear bra install. Full insurance is a must.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:35 AM
2swoosh
Rennlist Member

She's finally home waited almost 2 months for parts to come from Germany (steering recalls) drove her home 50 miles and some more, lol like a child that just got a new toy. Just wanna drive her as much as I can and decide later whether put her back to stock or just leave it as it is? I would like to remove the whole cage since I won't be tracking her (extra weight loss of over 50 lbs?) and install a more street oriented seats (currently has a tight Recaros) and factory seatbelt rather than these race harness. I assumed the previous owner raced this car based on set up.
Anyone selling a pair of black seats and seatbelts?
C&C this am then she's headed down to get her first bath and full paint correction with Ceramic Quartz coating. Will post some photos later.

Last edited by 2swoosh; 06-01-2019 at 07:43 AM. Reason: typos

Quick Reply: Real cup car or fake?