964 Forum
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

C2 Suspension refresh - RS ride height

Old 04-20-2019, 10:41 PM
Lorenzoh
User

Originally Posted by Goughary View Post
Noooooo, I'm saying you clips just have the bilsteins revolves to feel however you like. If you believe they go low enough, which for RS +10, they do, and if you like the spring rates you have, sending them off to be revalued is a lot cheaper than buying a new setup.

If you switch to a "better" coilover set, you will likely end up with a higher spring rate, and will be over sprung when you have them set to the soft settings, which could be reason for the bounce. And the reports of the bounce in the kw v3 previously noted. As the spring rates will be more appropriate for the stiffer settings.

Anyway it's worth a call to bilstein to discuss. As it may get you what you want, and save you a few thousand in the process.
That makes sense, thanks for taking the time to explain. I also found this thread which describes exactly what your talking about.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...revalving.html
Old 04-21-2019, 08:32 AM
Peteinjp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Goughary View Post

If you switch to a "better" coilover set, you will likely end up with a higher spring rate, and will be over sprung when you have them set to the soft settings, which could be reason for the bounce. And the reports of the bounce in the kw v3 previously noted. As the spring rates will be more appropriate for the stiffer settings.
This is a good point Ė you may consider just replacing the springs with a lower rate to match the damper settings that you prefer.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:28 PM
Goughary
Super User

This thread got me on the ball to adjust my compression and rebound settings today. I had gone almost full soft for the winter. And i also had a little bounce - kwv3 -

Fwiw, bounciness can so be a problem when your front and rear settings are mismatched.

I run same settings front and rear. And i tend to keep things simple since most of my driving is street, and if i do get to a track, it's not like i have a lot of time to play with settings to work on better laps times...

So here is where i am- just to throw it out there. Compression +5 clicks from full soft. And rebound +8 clicks from full soft. Bounce is gone and the ride is still compliant for the street, but feels like a sports car again.

I know this has little to do with this thread, but since the kw had been mentioned, figured I'd toss it out there.

These are two good threads on setup.
https://robrobinette.com/S2000KWV3.htm

https://robrobinette.com/S2000KWV3Tuning.htm

And even if you don't have kwv3, it's a good read to have a basic understanding of how all this stuff works.

Now back to our originally scheduled program....

Fwiw- on the 3.9 liter monster that Peter Dawe is building us...(read- "for John"), Peter bought new springs and sent the bilstein b6 John already had, to bilstein for revalving. So just putting that out there, as it's not "a lesser" version of a strut to go that direction, when even legends in the world of performance do the same. The question really is - who is the guide to what valving for your spring rates and setup...so I'm curious to hear if you call bilstein, what help they are in that process.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:36 PM
fastmd
Addict
Rennlist Member

My 964 is on KW3 with a lot of Elephant Racing components. I have no bounce, the ride is perfect in my opinion. It’s currently right around RS ride height.

But, the race shop I use set it up for me knowing how I like my cars to handle.

I like it better than PSS10s I had on another 993.

Last edited by fastmd; 04-22-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:28 PM
Dtronics
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fastmd View Post

My 964 is on KW3 with a lot of Elephant Racing components. I have no bounce, the ride is perfect in my opinion. Itís currently right around RS ride height.

But, the race shop I use set it up for me knowing how I like my cars to handle.

I like it better than PSS10s I had on another 964.
Good feedback, thanks. Your 964 looks great with the LMís.

Amazing stable of cars in the background too!
Old 04-22-2019, 02:32 PM
Vegas993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Seems like a whole lotta effort and money for a street car. I'd get some matched shocks and springs and set it and forget it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: