Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

out of these 2 964's for sale which would you choose?

Old 02-17-2019, 11:59 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,167 Posts

I don't get the black 90 with crappy bodywork rushed in 2 weeks being bid to far more than it is worth already. It shows you what those that don't have a clue can be easily swayed by fancy pictures and graphics. It is a stock car with some flairs improperly welded and cheap glass parts. I wouldn't spend other peoples money on it and although it has a look it is less impressive to me than an RWB build and everyone knows how much I loth those.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:00 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

If i sell my car i'm definitely putting a period livery on it and hiring a pro photog.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:08 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spyerx
If i sell my car i'm definitely putting a period livery on it and hiring a pro photog.

Yours doesn't need any help. The upgrade list alone will have people drooling.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:21 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
u know I have standing offer on it for $25k ya
Old 02-17-2019, 08:48 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
I don't get the black 90 with crappy bodywork rushed in 2 weeks being bid to far more than it is worth already. It shows you what those that don't have a clue can be easily swayed by fancy pictures and graphics. It is a stock car with some flairs improperly welded and cheap glass parts. I wouldn't spend other peoples money on it and although it has a look it is less impressive to me than an RWB build and everyone knows how much I loth those.
Couldn't agree more and I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels this way.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:59 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 226 Posts

Nit-picking and appraisals aside, I do like the stance on the black one. I'm doing a widebody C2 and I might have found my wheel setup
Old 02-20-2019, 01:04 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff33702
Nit-picking and appraisals aside, I do like the stance on the black one. I'm doing a widebody C2 and I might have found my wheel setup
Jeff you should contact that seller on BAT that has that car, he seems like a super cool guy and would probably help you with that conversion- that cars entire stance and appearance looks great.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:35 AM
BLACK3.2
Pro

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Jeff you should contact that seller on BAT that has that car, he seems like a super cool guy and would probably help you with that conversion- that cars entire stance and appearance looks great.
That would be Danny, owner of DG Vintage Coachworks. Super humble dude, by the way. Here's his insta: https://www.instagram.com/dgvintagecoachworks/
Old 02-20-2019, 01:43 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BLACK3.2
That would be Danny, owner of DG Vintage Coachworks. Super humble dude, by the way. Here's his insta: https://www.instagram.com/dgvintagecoachworks/
Yup, i follow Danny on insta, definitely great work this guy does.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:11 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Tarek,

I know you know these cars although I am surprised you are so convinced by this guys abilities considering the limited detailed pics on this guys Instagram page? He never shows the actual work just a before, occasional bare metal and finished product. I would be more impressed if he showed some actual work other than a pretty paint job. There is so much more to conversions and restorations other than knowing how to use a spray gun. He seems very good at taking cars that need nothing more than to be stripped down and repainted but show me some real body work, heating and shrinking metal and cutting out and repairing previously botched bodywork and i will agree. My big concern is his comments about it being Ok to apply decals or clear film so quickly after it being painted, just tells me he has a lot to learn.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:39 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
Tarek,

I know you know these cars although I am surprised you are so convinced by this guys abilities considering the limited detailed pics on this guys Instagram page? He never shows the actual work just a before, occasional bare metal and finished product. I would be more impressed if he showed some actual work other than a pretty paint job. There is so much more to conversions and restorations other than knowing how to use a spray gun. He seems very good at taking cars that need nothing more than to be stripped down and repainted but show me some real body work, heating and shrinking metal and cutting out and repairing previously botched bodywork and i will agree. My big concern is his comments about it being Ok to apply decals or clear film so quickly after it being painted, just tells me he has a lot to learn.
his reputation is what impressed me, you can’t do half ars work and have a good rep. If I was so finicky about every 964 I’d never be able to buy one (I love that people are so picky and pick these cars apart this allows me to find cars and buy them) I have reasonable expectations when buying these cars and then I myself try to step them up a notch and take them to the next level.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:32 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by Tarek307

his reputation is what impressed me, you can’t do half ars work and have a good rep. If I was so finicky about every 964 I’d never be able to buy one (I love that people are so picky and pick these cars apart this allows me to find cars and buy them) I have reasonable expectations when buying these cars and then I myself try to step them up a notch and take them to the next level.
that’s hysterical and simply not true. I can think of about half a dozen aftermarket repair shops off the top of my head that had good reputations only to end up closing doors after multiple customers complained about deceptive practices, shoddy/criminal work and aftermarket parts ordered yet never shipped or refunded. It’s happened on this form as well as Audi and Benz/amg forums.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:38 PM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

I was looking at the white 964 earlier today and it is EXACTLY what I would want (to the "T"), I just don't have the funds. I just recently bought a 991.2 GT3 this past October and I'll have to wait a few years before I can afford another car
Old 02-20-2019, 09:27 PM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh

that’s hysterical and simply not true. I can think of about half a dozen aftermarket repair shops off the top of my head that had good reputations only to end up closing doors after multiple customers complained about deceptive practices, shoddy/criminal work and aftermarket parts ordered yet never shipped or refunded. It’s happened on this form as well as Audi and Benz/amg forums.
You just confirmed what Tarek claimed. You can't half *** in this business or you will be out of business. If you don't maintain a good reputation, your business will not last.

Mr. Wolfe
Old 02-20-2019, 09:33 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by Sunny_M3
I was looking at the white 964 earlier today and it is EXACTLY what I would want (to the "T"), I just don't have the funds. I just recently bought a 991.2 GT3 this past October and I'll have to wait a few years before I can afford another car
Originally Posted by Greg Wolfe
You just confirmed what Tarek claimed. You can't half *** in this business or you will be out of business. If you don't maintain a good reputation, your business will not last.

Mr. Wolfe
at this point it’s a chicken vs egg debate. My contention was that plenty of shops/people have good reps while doing crappy work. It’s only when they’re found out does their rep suffer.
Point being, lots of people do crappy work that the customer never sees.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: out of these 2 964's for sale which would you choose?