9m parts in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 02:03 PM
johnsopa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 137 Posts
Default 9m parts in the US?

I'm considering a rebuild of my stock 3.6 to get a bit more torque and HP. Was reading up on 9m and their heads. Their Facebook page seems current but I've PM'd and emailed them a couple of times and haven't heard anything back.

Do they (Colin) have someone in the US that works with them? Has anyone bought heads from them in the US as part of a DIY build?

Thanks!
Old 12-31-2018, 03:49 PM
SR20Fastback
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by johnsopa
I'm considering a rebuild of my stock 3.6 to get a bit more torque and HP. Was reading up on 9m and their heads. Their Facebook page seems current but I've PM'd and emailed them a couple of times and haven't heard anything back.

Do they (Colin) have someone in the US that works with them? Has anyone bought heads from them in the US as part of a DIY build?

Thanks!

In for this info too.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:56 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 395 Likes on 262 Posts

9meister clearly does great work..but why not work with one of the very good engine designers/builders in the states? You can get a lot of very good advice here if you like. It may be easier to use someone "local"...

For me, i would give Steve Weiner a shout. He did my heads a bunch of years ago. And many others on RL. He is very capable of going from oem to extreme depending on what you are looking to achieve, and not only is he always responsive, but his advice is always spot on.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:55 AM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Goughary
9meister clearly does great work..but why not work with one of the very good engine designers/builders in the states? You can get a lot of very good advice here if you like. It may be easier to use someone "local"...

For me, i would give Steve Weiner a shout. He did my heads a bunch of years ago. And many others on RL. He is very capable of going from oem to extreme depending on what you are looking to achieve, and not only is he always responsive, but his advice is always spot on.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said, Steve's the man.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:51 PM
johnsopa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 137 Posts

No doubt, I plan to work with someone like Steve when I do the rebuild.

However, I'm a bit interested in 9m's kit approach to upgrading the 964 engines. Was just curious is anyone offers there stuff in the US. Sounds like the answer is no.
Old 01-01-2019, 04:55 PM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

At one point in time Geoffrey Ring was building motors using 9M parts- have seen any posts from Geoff in quite a while.

Phil
Old 01-01-2019, 05:12 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 395 Likes on 262 Posts

As far as i know, no one sells any of the 9m parts in the states. But i also don't get the sense that the stuff 9m makes is anything other than short run stuff. They aren't a mass produce type shop.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:46 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

We've tested several versions of cylinder heads on the flow bench as well as on the engine dyno (same engine) that include OEM, modified OEM, 9M and Extreme heads.

One chooses the best solution to match the rest of the components and how the engine will be used.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:56 PM
LAcarguy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You won't get any reply from the UK till next week; the whole country closes over the holidays.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:59 AM
Talat
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by johnsopa
Their Facebook page seems current but I've PM'd and emailed them a couple of times and haven't heard anything back.
Welcome to the club. I was after a Carbonetic diff last year - they had an advert on ebay - I was working odd shifts at the time so couldn't ring them - so I emailed them direct, PM'ed via this site and contact via ebay - not a single response. Didn't bother calling them on principal in the end and went a different route but I guess they simply prefer the old school phone call route.

Quick Reply: 9m parts in the US?