Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

targa wind noise/turbulance

Old 12-30-2018, 02:37 PM
drjohn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default targa wind noise/turbulance

Crazy wind noise only on the passenger side. No water leaks. The top is fully recon'd by Targa Dan. The front and rear seals were replaced, the front 2x's.
I know this is not new, I have posted this before. I need to find someone who has dealt with this and had success. Any advice or recommendation is welcome.
Thanks.
Old 12-30-2018, 02:53 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

From what I have been reading the seal installation is critical to prevent wind noise. This thread shows the areas to check to alleviate wind/water leaks: https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...anently-2.html
Old 01-01-2019, 02:46 AM
jonathant
User

Wind noise from the PS front or back?

If it’s at the front I would start by looking at the front of the roof where it meets the windshield frame. If that is standing proud you’ll get a lot of wind rush. Maybe adjust/tighten the roller latch on that side. If you pull the locking toggle handle off you’ll be able to see two socket head bolts in that same area where the handle attaches. Loosen those, push the latch assembly up a bit, and retighten. That will clamp the top down more across the front and above the quarterlights.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:03 PM
drjohn
Addict
Rennlist Member

[img=left]https://rennlist.com/forums/attachments/964-forum/1290167d1536202083-welding-targa-top-in-permanently-photo293.jpg[/img]
found this and it's on the way. Maybe my answer is in here!

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: