Anyone ever fit four wheels and tires inside their 964? - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Air/Oil Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 964 Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever fit four wheels and tires inside their 964?

Notices
964 Forum
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anyone ever fit four wheels and tires inside their 964?

Old 12-04-2018, 11:09 AM
Navaros911
User

Originally Posted by Rocket Rob View Post
I have had 4 tires in my cab. I put two in the back and two in the passenger seat. But I was only going a short distance (<10 miles). The tires encroached on the stick shift and prevented me from getting into 5th. I had to scoot the driver seat forward as much as I could stand. It is possible but not sure I would recommend it for a 2 hour drive. Can't you borrow another car?
Been in the exact same place with the exact same issues. I had to drive one of my friend's 964s 10 km to the airport to be shipped to Europe. He had packed the two rear wheels in the back and the two front wheels in the front seat. At 6 3 I had trouble driving properly due to a poor seating position. 5th gear was not used because of the reasons mentioned before.

Could you do it? Yes.
Would I do it again, heck no, the Cayenne fits em in the trunk way easier.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:58 AM
gregmitch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rocket Rob View Post
I have had 4 tires in my cab. I put two in the back and two in the passenger seat. But I was only going a short distance (<10 miles). The tires encroached on the stick shift and prevented me from getting into 5th. I had to scoot the driver seat forward as much as I could stand. It is possible but not sure I would recommend it for a 2 hour drive. Can't you borrow another car?
I was going to be in the area so I was trying to see if I could do this all in one trip. May have to rethink this situation now.

Originally Posted by fasterlaster View Post
In my '74 Targa I picked up a set of 7 and 8s Fuchs along with oversized tires. It did all fit, but like Rob mentioned i had to scoot up the drivers seat as well. I'd say it can be done, but there may be better options. If you do happen to make the trip, be sure and share a photo with us.
Photographic evidence would be a priority for sure.

Originally Posted by Navaros911 View Post
Been in the exact same place with the exact same issues. I had to drive one of my friend's 964s 10 km to the airport to be shipped to Europe. He had packed the two rear wheels in the back and the two front wheels in the front seat. At 6 3 I had trouble driving properly due to a poor seating position. 5th gear was not used because of the reasons mentioned before.

Could you do it? Yes.
Would I do it again, heck no, the Cayenne fits em in the trunk way easier.
Looks like a 2 hour trip on major highways is not going to be a good idea now...
Old 12-04-2018, 01:10 PM
Santa Cruz Red
User

… yes.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:41 PM
Bigsix964
User

2 hours in which direction? I am out on eastern LI and back very regularly. If they were that way I could help with logistics and bring them back on my next trip.
I may be paranoid but I would never throw wheels and used tires in the stock interior.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:43 PM
gregmitch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bigsix964 View Post
2 hours in which direction? I am out on eastern LI and back very regularly. If they were that way I could help with logistics and bring them back on my next trip.
I may be paranoid but I would never throw wheels and used tires in the stock interior.
I appreciated the offer to help, but they are up in CT and then actually have to go down to central NJ.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:44 PM
Ralph3.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Borrow a friends truck or SUV?
Old 12-04-2018, 05:17 PM
Hem
User

I saw a guy pulling four D90's with snow tires out of his 964 a couple years ago at my tire shop.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:25 PM
911Jetta
Addict
Rennlist Member

Borrow a roof rack
Old 12-15-2018, 02:15 PM
drola
Addict
Rennlist Member

i used to go to the track with my 4 cup 1's with nitto nt01's inside the car. tight fit but it is doable. then i got a trailer.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: