Notices
964 Forum
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

AC rebuild with R134 conversion - O-ring lube?

Old 11-20-2018, 07:40 PM
griffiths
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GeorgeK View Post
I am assembling the AC lines in the red car, with all new green o-rings for the 134 conversion. The lines have all been refurbished.
What is the reommended lubrication for the o-rings?
Green o-rings are usually HNBR compound.
Use can use ester, PAG, AC mineral or spit on them, so long as they don't bind and shear when you snug up the fitting.
Old 11-20-2018, 10:28 PM
-nick
Addict
Rennlist Member

George, if you’re not in a big rush I’ll mail my bottle to you for the cost of the freight. I just bought it to overhaul my ac a few months ago and only used a few droplets. Probably won’t get a chance to stop by the post office until next week. Just drop me a pm with your email if you want to avoid spitting on the orings
Old 11-21-2018, 10:29 AM
GeorgeK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nick, many thanks. I will give the swiss reseller another day to answer, and if he does not, I will take you up on the offer. Spit withheld for now

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: