Rennline Floorboards and Pedals

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 04:22 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 492 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by freedman
They're not floor boards though, they are pedal boards

Factory floorbaords don't exist, its just thick rubber insulation with carpet over the top
Ha! I thought I was back in the 993 Forum for a moment there. Pedal boards is probably a better term, but this is a Rennline thread after all, and Rennline rightly or wrongly calls them floorboards (and Rennline spells it correctly)

In point of fact, factory floor boards did come in the 964 cup car. That was my inspiration for the wooden floorboards with the countersunk washers, and my 964 build. See Boxsey's Threadfor a photo.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:29 PM
9SIX4-C4
Racer

Received 210 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxman
Ha! I thought I was back in the 993 Forum for a moment there. Pedal boards is probably a better term, but this is a Rennline thread after all, and Rennline rightly or wrongly calls them floorboards (and Rennline spells it correctly)

In point of fact, factory floor boards did come in the 964 cup car. That was my inspiration for the wooden floorboards with the countersunk washers, and my 964 build. See Boxsey's Threadfor a photo.
I actually am confused on the terms,. At first I thought the pedal board replaces the board that is behind the pedals. While a floor board is an addition and sits on top of the sound-proofing rubber beneath the carpets (and can choose to remove the carpet). so both pieces are considered floor boards?
Old 11-16-2018, 03:41 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 492 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by 9SIX4-C4
I actually am confused on the terms,. At first I thought the pedal board replaces the board that is behind the pedals. While a floor board is an addition and sits on top of the sound-proofing rubber beneath the carpets (and can choose to remove the carpet). so both pieces are considered floor boards?
Really just mincing words here. I think pedal board is the better term for the pedals, and floor boards best describes the boards on the the floor. Rennline calls the pedal boards "floor boards", and they call the floor boards "track mats". Tomato, tomato.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:50 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

Unless you toe & heel on the track and wear narrow driver's shoes, they are detrimental to normal street driving. The side plate on the throttle extends over to the be very close to the brake pedal and I found if you are wearing normal sneakers, its a PITA when stepping on the brakes and inadvertently also brushed on the throttle. Don't do it because it requires drilling the existing pedals to install it.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:04 PM
Feudal Serf
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HenryPcar, the gas pedal can be adjusted so when braking you only hit throttle if you want to, eg. ankle roll. Might be a problem if there is air in your brake line, or worn pads, but to date I've never inadvertantly hit gas pedal while braking.
FS

Quick Reply: Rennline Floorboards and Pedals