Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil dripping out of intake...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 08:19 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 395 Likes on 262 Posts

Now i feel guilty - so spyrex has to get us some photos soon....or it'll become the "which Ferrari to buy today" thread

Look at the 348- it's the last one you can use as a daily- and the buy in is low. It's also pre-obd2, so much easier to own than a 355 (unless you buy a 1995)-
The 355 is a total pain in the *** to own. Will always have a sensor issue. And you spend way too much time screwing with things that need to be fixed. A properly sorted and "corrected" 348 should be like owning the 964 of the Ferrari world. Can Park it anywhere, drive the pants off it, and easy to fix when something goes wrong. But- like a 964, needs to be sorted before it becomes a good car, cuz they handle like crap from the factory.

(Can you tell I've been wanting to buy one too?)

Great minds.

Now- come on - let's see the oil!
Old 10-30-2018, 11:06 PM
ekoges
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Junk it. Time for 4.0L build
Old 10-30-2018, 11:32 PM
SR20Fastback
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Goughary
Now i feel guilty - so spyrex has to get us some photos soon....or it'll become the "which Ferrari to buy today" thread

Look at the 348- it's the last one you can use as a daily- and the buy in is low. It's also pre-obd2, so much easier to own than a 355 (unless you buy a 1995)-
The 355 is a total pain in the *** to own. Will always have a sensor issue. And you spend way too much time screwing with things that need to be fixed. A properly sorted and "corrected" 348 should be like owning the 964 of the Ferrari world. Can Park it anywhere, drive the pants off it, and easy to fix when something goes wrong. But- like a 964, needs to be sorted before it becomes a good car, cuz they handle like crap from the factory.

(Can you tell I've been wanting to buy one too?)

Great minds.

Now- come on - let's see the oil!
I really need to try to get a ride along/drive in both, but I’ll put the 348 on the short list and do some more reading. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quick Reply: Oil dripping out of intake...