Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche To Sell 20 Perfectly Restored Special Edition Models

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 02:29 PM
LM964
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

Maybe it did have a straight smile to start with - until someone drove over a speed hump/ridge for the photoshoot!

I believe aero mirrors and 17" 'Cup' wheels were options offered from MY'92.

No, wheels as in the pics were not Porsche options at the time.

Think this looks like Porsche applying their 'exclusive' builds for the 991 now to their Classic restoration offerings. Indeed, doubt if we'll see any of them being driven unless perfect weather and road conditions and with a cautious driving style. This is my beef really - Porsche creating their own problem and a victim of their own success. Too many limited uber exclusive models too often and by invitation only (think 991R). All either flipped for stupid money, tucked secretly away as investments or just doing the concours rounds in the back of a lorry. Porsche knows this is exactly what happens and all they do is encourage it time after time - 991 Speedster anyone?
Old 10-29-2018, 09:05 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Originally Posted by LM964
Maybe it did have a straight smile to start with - until someone drove over a speed hump/ridge for the photoshoot!

I believe aero mirrors and 17" 'Cup' wheels were options offered from MY'92.

No, wheels as in the pics were not Porsche options at the time.

Think this looks like Porsche applying their 'exclusive' builds for the 991 now to their Classic restoration offerings. Indeed, doubt if we'll see any of them being driven unless perfect weather and road conditions and with a cautious driving style. This is my beef really - Porsche creating their own problem and a victim of their own success. Too many limited uber exclusive models too often and by invitation only (think 991R). All either flipped for stupid money, tucked secretly away as investments or just doing the concours rounds in the back of a lorry. Porsche knows this is exactly what happens and all they do is encourage it time after time - 991 Speedster anyone?
Yes cup I's were a 92 on up option this is an 89 or 90 tub. Irrespective of what might have happened it should have been corrected for any photo shoot. IMO.

It is all about exclusivity today.

Quick Reply: Porsche To Sell 20 Perfectly Restored Special Edition Models