Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project Rest-volution gets a new home and a name...Gisele

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 05:46 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Gorgeous gauges! Those little details will keep you smiling while behind the wheel.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:37 PM
Nylasurf
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks all...it is always about the small details...I think that what irks me most about the projects that have absconded...spent a lot of time on design, sourcing parts, etc not to see it come to fruition.

When they are installed and in a state to be photographed, I will day/night shot them.

Transmission and motor mated and should be installed next week...few more details then to La Jolla Audio for sound followed by Autobahn Interiors
Old 03-24-2019, 07:33 PM
Nylasurf
Racer

Progress is being made...but always two steps forefor one step back. Each move forward uncovers another set of missing pieces that the previous shop did not include...now as the car was disassembled, I can understand a part here or there, but it seems numerous items have been "misplaced".

We added a second oil cooler, and while I initially was going to go the Carnewel route...we decided to work a front mount solution. Everything was fitted and checked and looked as if we were all set until we went to afffix the bumper...so much for everything being 100% reversible.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:25 PM
Nylasurf
Racer

The heart transplant is almost complete... everything has been put back in to check clearances, take measurements for the custom exhaust and a few other engine detailing items.

Transmission is mated up and installed with FD short shift kit, FD AWD transmission mount.

​​​​​​ Rennline motor mounts will keep Giselle's heart where it belongs.

Working on rerouting the A/C lines behind the motor to further dress her up.

Hoping to get an update soon that she is ready to fire up... Looks like she is getting close to getting her interior done then a bit of final touches...

Last edited by Nylasurf; 04-10-2019 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:00 AM
2swoosh
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 199 Posts

wow! just read this thread keep it coming OP! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and more patience.
beautiful project!
Old 04-14-2019, 10:33 AM
Nylasurf
Racer

Thanks @2Swoosh,

Makellos Classics have really been working magic especially given the difficulties of inheriting a project already disassembled.

Hope to update soon with Tony's magic from Autobahn Interiors
Old 04-14-2019, 10:57 AM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 106 Posts

Looking forward to your solution on the AC lines. I'm surprised nobody has offered a kit to solve this issue so many of us are frustrated by.
Old 04-14-2019, 01:17 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

I have been meaning to visit Makellos, is your car still there?
Old 04-14-2019, 03:36 PM
LimeyBoy
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 123 Posts

Great thread, thanks for posting. Love the 911 limit on the rev dial. Any chance you could post couple more shots of the wheels? And details on the funky color scheme for the varioram? Subscribed, this is good.
Old 04-14-2019, 08:50 PM
Nylasurf
Racer

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
I have been meaning to visit Makellos, is your car still there?
@Marine Blue - My car is still there...at least for a few more weeks then it will go to LaJolla Audio for sound attenuation and stereo installation then make its way over to Tony at Autobahn. Then back to Makellos for the finishing touches. If you stop by Tell Matt that you can check out the car...I am sure he would let you anyways as his team have put an amazing amount of work into it and are proud of the details.

Originally Posted by LimeyBoy
Great thread, thanks for posting. Love the 911 limit on the rev dial. Any chance you could post couple more shots of the wheels? And details on the funky color scheme for the varioram? Subscribed, this is good.
@LimeyBoy...The VarioRam was cerakoted my a firearms shop here in San Diego...they matched a color CPR had painted my Valve covers and fan and said was Waissach Platinum...Unfortunately, after having the Calipers painted Waissach Platinum it was clear that the Valve covers, fan and VariorRam by default were too dark. all the engine bits have been corrected, but I left the VarioRam the darker color as I don't want to disassemble the varioram again. Dan at Augment wheels made these custom 17" Aluminium Monobloc "steelies" that accept 356 hubcaps...Working on a set of flat discs to mimic the early 911s. Here are a couple more beauty shots of the wheels courtesy of Dan at Augment Wheels

Originally Posted by tjb616
Looking forward to your solution on the AC lines. I'm surprised nobody has offered a kit to solve this issue so many of us are frustrated by.
@tjb616 - Singer has rerouted the lines(but they have a whole different AC system) as have a couple of other members here on RL...just fabricating new lines and will run them behind the motor (hopefully).
Old 05-01-2019, 05:53 PM
Nylasurf
Racer

Team Makellos are hard at work to get her Giselle breathing hot and heavy (is there any other way a Porsche breathes) They are fitting up the Stock exhaust for the time being while the custom exhaust gets worked out. They also are working up something special for rerouting the A/C lines.

I pulled up the two dynos, pre and post VarioRam. Both runs were on the same bench dyno, about a year apart. The pre VarioRam chart (lower chart) reflects our issue getting the flap to open at the RPM switchover thus two distinct HP/Tq curves...just a reminder...964 3.8 w/993 RS VarioRam

​​​​While all dynos report different numbers, (and my motor spec was to be OEM Bulletproof) I wanted a baseline of pre and post VarioRam...only regret not dynoing the stock motor.

Old 05-02-2019, 01:54 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Solid gains!
Old 05-09-2019, 01:22 AM
Nylasurf
Racer

The motor is out for the last time as the A/C lines have been re-routed, new manifold made to connect the lines and painted Rennline valve covers are on. One or two final dressing issues and tidying up and in she goes to be brought back to life.

Old 05-09-2019, 11:35 AM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Looks great, I'd like to do something similar to my intake to clean it up a bit but don't want to lose the CC.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:35 PM
Nylasurf
Racer

I've been asked a few times my thoughts on the aftermarket gauges... Here they are installed in the car, photo show them functioning in daylight with little bleed from the warning lights. when we get a shot of them in the dark illuminated I'll post those as well. These gauges were restored buy Hollywood Speedo and the gauge faces were created by the good folks at Carbone.

Giselle LIVES... Makellos fired up the motor for the first time after being installed, but still a few parts to add.
The following users liked this post:
911Jetta (08-28-2019)

Quick Reply: Project Rest-volution gets a new home and a name...Gisele